James Barclay Forum Index James Barclay
Welcome to the forum for the author James Barclay.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kids don't you just love them!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mantyluoto

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject: Kids don't you just love them!! Reply with quote

i was marshalling (paintball) for a group of excitable teenagers yesterday and they had been fine all afternoon. so it was no surprise that with only seconds of the final game to go one of them shoots me, on my jaw and just under my goggles.

it turns out that he wanted me to move so instead of asking me he shot me!!

little b (i'll leave the rest to your imagination Very Happy)
DeathJunior

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kids these days ... they're just disrespecting little s's who don't know the words : discipline, respect or Behaviour. parents are just too soft. (Sorry to any parents out there btw, it's not your fault, it's the degradation of discipline in society and the uprisal of "Child abuse",) bring back the cane, the belt and the newspaper. Our parents turned out fine, a little annoying but as I say that's societies fault more than theirs.

www.myspace.com/djjaines
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=DJJaines
Dan Jaines a walking dictionary of Danisms
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Drizzt

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloody kids. I agree, bring back the cane, the birch and the thumbscrew. Do-gooders are going to ruin the world!

Perhaps arming yourself with a live shotgun will discourage them Manty? They'll certainly make for good sport... Twisted Evil
Parmenion

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh the stories i could tell!!...wait until you have been through the full kid thing from birth to 16..then come back and moan about kids!! Evil or Very Mad
Mantyluoto

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Driz it kind of takes away the joy of respawning when you use a shotgun.
Selik

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeathJunior wrote:
kids these days ... they're just disrespecting little s's who don't know the words : discipline, respect or Behaviour. parents are just too soft. (Sorry to any parents out there btw, it's not your fault, it's the degradation of discipline in society and the uprisal of "Child abuse",) bring back the cane, the belt and the newspaper. Our parents turned out fine, a little annoying but as I say that's societies fault more than theirs.

And those are just three of many words kids could do with acknowledging the existance of.
I agree, and i'll also add, that I was often slapped when I was little for bad behaviour. In fact on occasions if I was in the wrong place at the wrong time there was a slipper in there too. Hurt like hell, taught me not to do things, and it's not turned me into a disrespectful little thug.
It's the kids who weren't disciplined who've become that!
Drizzt

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parents should be able to smack, simple as that. Did me no harm at all. Of course there's more to it than just smacking - the general discipline in the house was quite strict as well - but we knew where the line was and if we crossed it there'd be a smack across the arse as quick as you like.

Parents and teachers nowadays can't even look at a kid the wrong way for fear of the do-gooder brigade and their softly-softly approach. Mad
Selik

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hit twice in primary school. But then the teachers who did it were of the generation that were well disciplined in school.
The first was the normal smack on the arse. The second time I was hit on the hand with a wooden spoon and made to sit in the corner.
Drizzt

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never got hit at school, but I've seen blackboard rubbers fly with sniper-like accuracy at other people..! Hehe...
Parmenion

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the world has gone PC mad the lefties run the EU and the EU dictates the policy that the schools and goverment run by, and hence we have the chav culture society.
the only way to rectify this would be to give teachers back the power and to reverse the standards of society we would need to set up national service for approx 15 years, this should mean that the next gen of kids have parents that have been taught discipline by the army and will pass that discipline on.
The only other way would be boot camps, to send any kids who act out in school, a national boot camp programme...
Drizzt

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've spoken with a policeman who said what he'd like is the freedom to be able to march up to the groups of scum hanging around, say "cleansing" into a radio mic, pull out an uzi and spray.

Mind he had been hjaving a bad Fridat night...
Lizzy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree with smacking. I've been close to it on occassion but all it does is show the child that when you get angry you hit.

The children I know who get smacked are more violent in their play then mine, are worse behaved, and have much less self control.

Time out works. Explaining the reasons and consequences works. You can't go round smacking kids over about 7 as they will just retaliate hard in one way or another, and it's not right smacking younger ones imo.

I feel strongly about this issue. I was smacked as a child and all it did was make me fearful of incurring the wrath of my Dad. I grew up afraid of him to a certain extent and that can't be right.

Listen to Lizzy, she's always right! Laughing as said by Jovial
Selik

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not so sure that it's the smacking itself, so much as the child. It depends on the reaction of the individual child as to whether or not smacking works.

As I say, I was smacked as a kid and it's done me no harm, but on the other hand there may be kids who react badly to smacking in which case it's the wrong method of punishment.

One my sister uses is the naughty stair, which my nephew hates. If he's naughty he's not allowed to join in with what other people are doing and he has to sit on the stairs in the hall.
It's effective and an alternative to smacking.
Mantyluoto

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was only ever smacked once, but then i did call my dad's then partner a whore, so i guess i deserved it.

hehehe turns out i was right though!!

i don't agree that smacking is totally required though i wish all of the politically correct rubbish would go away. and what amazes me is that most of the morons who scream PC have never been on the receiving end of it.
Selik

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the fact that half of the people in government who advise on kids don't have any and have never had to deal with kids.

However I do not agree with the national service idea. Being in an ex-service family i've had the wonderful experience of seeing hoiw the forces have in fact changed in many ways and not always for the better.
Plus the government treat servicemen and women like dirt, and particularly after they've left they couldn't give a damn.
National Service is something that should never come back to britain.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    James Barclay Forum Index -> Sport All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: