James Barclay Forum Index James Barclay
Welcome to the forum for the author James Barclay.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone remember the old RPG?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    James Barclay Forum Index -> Video games and role-playing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joibri

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:54 am    Post subject: Anyone remember the old RPG? Reply with quote

Just a bit of nostalgia. I came across the first RPG a few of us took part in on the old forum and was reading through it - though I think m writing was a bit OTT in spots (!), I love everyone's character development. That was good fun, even if it did end up taking up a good chunk of space!

I know we started a second one, but I can't find it on my harddrive. Anyone know what happened to it, out of curiosity?

In some ways I really miss collaborative work like that, particularly now that I'm out of my writer's circle at college and thus the motivation to write every day. Even fan-based work like that RPG at least kept me writing, and sometimes the original characters I created there ended up leaking over into my original stories (anyone else find that?). For example, Joibri not only became the name of my first car (ha), but she and Unliore are being used elsewhere. Funny ol' world.

Anyone else remember it? I know it was a few years ago, now. Smile

Writer, reader, photographer; one foot in England, one in the US.
Lizzy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes I remember it and would probably cringe at some of my contributions! It was fun though. No idea where it is now, lost in the ether...

Listen to Lizzy, she's always right! Laughing as said by Jovial
Joibri

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone has the second one that'd be awesome, I'd like to read it over. It'd be a shame if all that work was truly lost!

I say it warily but it's something I'd like to do again! Though it'd probably be better to host it elsewhere just in case it blows up like it did last time.

Thraun

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes, "The Hidden College". I remember it well lol.

Think the second part of it kinda just fell away as people became slightly busier than they'd hoped (at least I did at the time!)

No idea if I've got a copy of it somewhere - I've changed base units both at home & at work a few times since, and it may not be on my back-ups anymore Crying or Very sad
Joibri

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I figured that's what happened. I loved our character development though! I miss it dearly; camaraderie in of itself! (Even though it became huge!) Any scraps anyone can find would be invaluable - I have the first one, it's the other bits and pieces, especially the second, that I'm after - I'm trying to lift Joibri and Unliore into another story.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    James Barclay Forum Index -> Video games and role-playing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: