James Barclay Forum Index James Barclay
Welcome to the forum for the author James Barclay.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Continually good PC games

Post new topic   Reply to topic    James Barclay Forum Index -> Video games and role-playing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shriker

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:41 am    Post subject: Continually good PC games Reply with quote

Hellooo

I am looking for advice. I have recently, sort of, moved out and become indepedant (thank god), but now I am down on an Xbox 360 (which I couldn't take off my brother without breaking his heart bless him ), and I am left with a Laptop and a PS2. Now my question is this....

What are some continually good games for PC?

Ones that don't get boring very easily and are nearly always fun to play. Modern Warfare 2 and Assassins Creed 2 are already on my list to buy when I have the money.

I also thought this would be an interesting conversation piece, so, enjoy!
James
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say Half Life 2 is still worth buying. Get the Orange Box edition as it has loads of other stuff on it too.

Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood. Western stuff. Really good fun. Not complex but if you fancy youself an outlaw, it's just great entertainment.

Rome: Total War if you want your strategy challenging and your battles huge.

That's a starter for you...
Shriker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks James Smile

Good suggestions, and I actually have Rome: Total War, acquired it after watching time commanders, trying to prove that I wasn't as stupid as some of the people on the show. Although currently I have Medival 2 Total War installed Smile
Thraun

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Become that which has no life and join WoW Laughing
Shriker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea Thraun Smile

Actually I played it for a few years until about 6 months ago when I decided to focus on my apprenticeship. But now I've got into the swing of it I might rejoin lol must have read my mind since I went through the legnthy installing process last night Smile still running the latest update this morning lol
Selik

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neverwinter Nights is always a good one. I also really enjoy Fable, but that really depends on how you prefer your controls cos I actually prefer it on a console to PC, but it's still a good one to go for.
I've recently started playing Mount and Blade which is a very open narrative and allows you to pretty much choose everything you want to do.
Battles do tend to be broken down a tad, but it's a very good cause and effect game. If you lose your battle, you can't go back to fix it.
It's actually done on a pretty big scale and you can pledge allegiance to kingdoms if you so wish. It's also pretty addictive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    James Barclay Forum Index -> Video games and role-playing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: