James Barclay Forum Index James Barclay
Welcome to the forum for the author James Barclay.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Deadliest Warriors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    James Barclay Forum Index -> Film, Stage, TV & Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tk421

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:04 pm    Post subject: Deadliest Warriors Reply with quote

It started on Bravo earlier this week. Did anyone else catch it?

For those who are interested, it's kind of like a fantasy deathmatch pitting two warrior types from history against each other, first looking at their weapons, tactics and history and then putting all that data into a computer program and simulating 100 (or maybe even 1000 - I cant remember which) fights to see on average who won more.

The first one was Spartan vs Ninja.
Thraun

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The programme simulates 1000 battles to rule out "lucky hits". I'm amazed at how much damage some of the weapons seem to deal out - I mean I know a sword is gonna slice through parts of the human body, but seeing it in action (albeit on pigs & other assorted goodies such as ballistic gel-coated torsos) is something else entirely!!

The Spartan vs Ninja ep was epic. New one this week is Samurai vs Viking - I won't spoil it for anyone though!
Tk421

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green Beret vs Spetsnaz this week. I'm not sure including current fighting forces was quite as interesting though.
Thraun

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was ok, but not like looking back at some of the historic fighting forces. Wasn't that surprised at the result either after watching the weapon testing.

I know they're planning on American Indians at some point, not sure what else is in the pipelines - possibly Mongols from Ghengis Khan's era, Medieval Knights (Crusaders?), not sure what else.
Tk421

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like they have The Apache, Gladiators, possibly either crusading knights or knights templar and shaolin monks. There also (judging from the trailers) seems to be something along the lines of pirates. I'd be interested to see some form of Celtic tribe in there and roman legionaries
Thraun

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate vs Knight

First guess on the outcome?
Selik

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i've guessed them all correctly so far. Should be interesting to see the outcome of the last one.
Thraun

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mafia vs. Yakuza I believe was the last one. Looking forward to Series 2 now - they're asking for suggestions apparently on the programme's website.
Drizzt

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entertaining show, this one... could have done with an 'all-round' overview on the warriors included in the series to give a more overalll impression but it was an interesing series. I'm determined to never be on the wrong side of a Ninja's black egg... Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    James Barclay Forum Index -> Film, Stage, TV & Music All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: