James Barclay Forum Index James Barclay
Welcome to the forum for the author James Barclay.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Encyclopaedia of Balaia
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    James Barclay Forum Index -> Writing The Raven
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drizzt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye, that's the very fella. Excellent little book and you get to know Septern quite well, there are also some fun and games involving the Wesmen.

I swear Septern could have made a fortune had he gone into the home security business... Razz
Mantyluoto

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

James wrote:
Good news folks, is that the total revamp of the Raven Gazetteer has reached the to do list. It isn't going to be a quick job but it IS going to be done sometime this year or early next.

me again!!!

is this a possibility still?

James wrote:

Good shout on the fan art, Mark. On a linked subject, I'm working with a final year student artist at the moment. She's produced some beautiful pieces - dragons, weapons and a familiar. I'll ask her if I can post the odd piece up here for you all to talk about.

when do we het to see this Art, James?
James
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigh.. you again? Yes, still a possibility. Still something I really want to do for the launch of Ravensoul. Time is the dodgy factor though.

As for the art, I'll ask the artist if I can use her work. Failing that, I'll bring printouts to Nottingham fancon for those who are attending.
Thraun

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

James wrote:
As for the art, I'll ask the artist if I can use her work. Failing that, I'll bring printouts to Nottingham fancon for those who are attending.

I'll look forward to seeing those then Very Happy
dragonkillernz

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James wrote:

Woohoo, I'll be there Very Happy I won't have any money, at all, in the slightest, but I'll be there. I've paid for my ticket in full Very Happy
Selik

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James wrote:
Failing that, I'll bring printouts to Nottingham fancon for those who are attending.

Dang! Seems like i'll have to strategically place myself within someones suitcase afterall.
Auum

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A history on the start of the colleges and how it became 4 colleges... *i hope it is 4 and i haven't forgotten one Razz*

Also, The introduction for Demons as Familiars
Mark D

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A thousand apologies if it's been mentioned before, but what about pronounciation of names, places, etc?

e.g. is it [Den - Sir] or [Den - Zur]? a bad example i know but it's all i could think of on the spot! i think this might apply more to the Ascendants but i thought it would be interesting to see how James would have them pronounced!

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about some info on the known dimensions? And possibly some clever thinking on the subject of how/why/where etc they all co-exist and how travel between various dimensions works?
Auum

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

would be a great idea wulfgar, however i dont think anyone here has the same brain capacity as septern Razz
Lizzy

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Wulfgar and a belated welcome. Some interdimensional space stuff would be great Cool

Listen to Lizzy, she's always right! Laughing as said by Jovial
Darrick

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it could be quite useful and/or interesting to gain some knowledge of the types of ships used by the various cultures, like the elves and the dordovan ships used to get to herendeneth originally. researching sailing ships and developing naval capacities has always bugged me, sailing terminology and know how also escapes me, so i thought it might be useful to maybe have some illustrations, a glossary perhaps. just a thought anyways. i had wondered which era the ships would have been based on/borrowed from.
Mantyluoto

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello James...........

I've been good, i've stopped flooding your inbox with requests. I've stopped calling at all hours and i've even stopped turning up with bundles of ideas so please can we have a book of Balaia..........

ok that first bit was a joke for those who don't know me..............

Update please James Very Happy
furvan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi all
this is my first post here.
if mr barclay was ever to do this information on Balaia compilation I would suggest to add a gameplay system so that we could all enjoy a nice rpg .
of course I would be expecting a new type of gameplay one that suits the world of Balaia (not just another d20 system) I am piling ideas about it for now let you know when I am done.
Ilkarelvenmage

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh im getting some ideas for this :p
more about the gods, like the minor ones. so far i came across Yniss and Tual plenty, and shorth a bit. I rather like Cefu, discussed with some friends and they wondered how the names of the gods came about. While on serious sam, which is abt mayan culture i noticed the serpent god is named Ix something... that's where u got the idea from Maya? The game is awesome historically, lols

-more abt how Lystern came abt. And Julatsa why is it more affiliated for the elves? i think at some point, elves also went to Xetesk and other colleges. What are the differences? My fav scene of how Ilks and Denser merge the mana to heal Hirad ( the best part Ever! for me that is) the mana is different colored but same techniques?
-hm in Noonshade i kept the page of how they all made the pyramid with spikes. But i can't picture how it covers them. Er. Denser and Ilks were inside the circle, after they cast they were weak and the rest had to fight the demons? Memorable part, would be good to see a diagram of this sort of formation.

(to Milkman) lols my immediate answer is Denser and Xetesk Very Happy actually u mean the one who designed everything- Septern. He combined all of the lores. funny he didn't include Lystern... because too tiny?
always got impression Lys. is a tiny place hardly mentioned. I liked Darrick a bit. he crushed on Ren in Nightchild i think... :p
Aw Lightstealer isn't sold in the bookstores here. i'm in Asia, Singapore. More likely in UK where most of u are?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    James Barclay Forum Index -> Writing The Raven All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: