James Barclay Forum Index James Barclay
Welcome to the forum for the author James Barclay.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Once Walked With Gods complete (finally)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
James
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parmenion - I've replied to your PM. Message again if you need more details.

Really happy you enjoyed the book so much. Advance reviews are looking really good so far. Very exciting.
Malop

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi James,

You might want to get in touch with the book depository (or get your agent to) as apparently you wrote the Orcs books and have a daughter Shocked

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/book/9780575085022/Once-Walked-with-Gods?b=-3&t=-26#Bibliographicdata-26
Fantasycon 2010 Nottingham (stopped over for lunch)
Fantasycon 2011 Brighton (Is that in France?)
masrock

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi James,

Masrock here an old veteran from the early days of this website...

You seemed to changed your writing style between The Raven and the Ascendants. Have you gone back to the Raven style for the Elves trilogy, more humour in the dialogue etc?

Masrock

James
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malop... thanks, old boy. I shall first make certain Oscar to be the male child I believe him to be and then correct their error. As for the ORCS allusion, they've picked that up off some Gollancz sales blurb concerning how well books on other fantasy races have done but have managed to leave out Stan's name. I'll mention it too.

Masrock... good to hear from you. Yes, style in the elves books is far morein keeping with the Raven. I wouldn't say there was as much humour in Elves but there is enough to get you by, I hope.
Farbsryche

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:48 pm    Post subject: Once Walked With Gods - WOW! Reply with quote

One of the perks of being a manager of a bookshop is receiving proof's of books yet to be released. Recently I received a copy of 'Once Walked With Gods', which I am two thirds of the way through at the moment.

I've spoken to James, and he's allowed me to let you know about the book... To tell you anything about the plot, content, characters etc... would be cruel, so I will not spoil anything for you all. All I will say is...

I Can't put the book down, it is fantastic. If you loved the Elves in the Raven books, then you will love this book, the TaiGethin are portrayed as Elves should be portrayed. I could go on, and on, but if I ramble too much I might give away some secrets.

...and there is only a month to go until the release, official release date at the moment being 19th August.

Well done James, the best book yet.
Farbsryche

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:45 pm    Post subject: Finished Once Walked With Gods Reply with quote

WOW!, and double WOW!.

Finished reading Once Walked With Gods a week ago, been away on holiday in between, sorry for the late reply.

The Plus side, I got to read it before anyone else, the minus side, I've got a long time to wait for part two. At this stage I'll not ask too many questions, might give too much away, apart from one...

How much of book two is written?

Once again James, well done, it will please all the fans of the Raven. I found myself wanting to turn the pages, and my wife was relieved when that final page was read, she could converse with me once more

Laughing

well until I started my next one!
James
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant, glad you loved it. I hope it bodes well for the launch.

In answer to your question about book 2... not enough. But then that is always the case until I've finished.

Thanks for posting your thoughts.
Shriker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought Once walked with Gods Smile can't wait to read it, frustrated I am already part way through another book though and I hate not finishing them lol

Well the suspence will add to the excitement Smile

Edit: Interestingly when is the release date? Because I bought it yesturday and Amazon isn't selling it until the 19th.
Patrick Mahon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Shriker, I thought the release date was the 19th, but I was in London for a meeting on Wednesday this week (18th), and saw copies of Elves: Once Walked With Gods in Waterstone's at Trafalgar Square.

Read it as soon as you can Shriker - it's a beauty!
Aces

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to agree with Patrick. Read it as soon as possible, absolutely awesome read. Started reading and couldn't put it down. My boss didn't like that much since it meant I went into work not having slept. But well and truly worth it.

Gotta say great work, JB! Now the wait for the next installment. *sigh* Very Happy
Parmenion

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James: Amazon review finally posted...seems strange to write one so many months after reading it...but oddly the book was still very fresh in my mind, which shows how good it was....Is...

Anyway..im really sorry i cant stock it this time around, i have just extended myself so far with quite a few authors at present, and have about £5k of books to shift. But for my personal collection i would love to get a signed copy....

So will there be signed copies available from anywhere? my collection feels incomplete. Also...Audio books ever thought about it? im really into listening to books while i work.
Selik

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooo, finally got my copy! (Last one in the shop too). Sadly as yet I've only made it to page 13 because every time I pick it up the dog starts moaning at me!
I'm unsure whether this means she objects to fantasy books, or whether she actually wants me to read it to her Shocked
Max Power

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought it, read it, loved it, want the next one. 'Nuff said!
James
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent. Glad everyone is really enjoying the Elves experience. I'm really happy with reviews and comments and all that stuff.

I don't normally mention this but if you love the book enough, going out and talking about it on every forum you visit would be massively appreciated. In fact, it will make me love you forever. Even you, Max.
Aces

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Already done, James. Been raving all about it since I've put it down.

And its a pretty easy sell I must say. Alot of people have read The Raven books and as soon as they knew another novel was out, about the the elves no less, they had to have it. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    James Barclay Forum Index -> The Books All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: