James Barclay Forum Index James Barclay
Welcome to the forum for the author James Barclay.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Matt Smith- 11th Doctor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    James Barclay Forum Index -> Film, Stage, TV & Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Selik

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:27 pm    Post subject: Matt Smith- 11th Doctor Reply with quote

What do people reckon? I've only seen him in the drama with Billie Piper where he was really good. Not sure of what I make of such a young doctor though.
Still I think time will tell how well he does with it. Certainly got a lot to live up to following David Tennant.

Here's a link for anyone who's not seen him yet: http://i.thisislondon.co.uk/i/pix/2008/05/41a_06_matt_243x334.jpg
Kerela

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

/Somehow unqualified comment, as I've only watched the Eccleston-Season and some epsiodes with Tom Baker and Peter Davidson/

1. Reaction: Hm, he's cute
2. Reaction: Hm, they're getting younger, don't they?

And that's all I can say Laughing I've never heard of him, before or watched any movie with him Rolling Eyes .
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Selik

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eccleston was okay, but David Tennant was definitely better, and funnier. And just to be all fan-girl- Yup, definitely the nicest looking Razz
Kerela

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Eccleston was my first doctor Laughing that gives him an advantage, and I really liked his character.
(But now after watching a few Tennant-episodes: yeah, he's cute...but I have somehow problems taking him very serious Rolling Eyes )
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Selik

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But he makes it really fun! Laughing
Max Power

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the unqualified success of Tennant ad Russel T Davies (the writer), I am putting my trust in Smith and Stephen Moffat (the new writer). I haven't seen Smith act, and it will be interesting to see how a younger person does it, but I'm looking forward to four more Tennant episodes first!!!
butterfly

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure. I liked Eccleston as the doctor, he certainly played the "quirky" role again.
I love David Tennant and yes there is the cute element but there was something very disturbing when the Doctor was doing something he didn't want to do. I always thought that the you could almost see the dark thoughts shift behind his eyes.
Not sure on this new bloke as I haven't seen any of his work. I don't think he is cute at all but then he is a bit younger than me Confused . I guess we will have to see but it depends on the writing over the next year and how they handle the regeneration.
Selik

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Max Power wrote:
but I'm looking forward to four more Tennant episodes first!!!

Oh yes. Can't forget him just yet Very Happy Wish there were more to come though really. I have to say I think he's my favourite doctor, and I didnt think i'd think that, when he started.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    James Barclay Forum Index -> Film, Stage, TV & Music All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: