James Barclay Forum Index James Barclay
Welcome to the forum for the author James Barclay.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Dark Knight

Post new topic   Reply to topic    James Barclay Forum Index -> Film, Stage, TV & Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thraun

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:03 pm    Post subject: The Dark Knight Reply with quote

Went to see this straight from work last night, and now I know why there's been all the fuss about Heath Ledger possibly getting a posthumous Oscar nomination. He completely blows Jack Nicholson's version of the Joker out of the water, makes the character his own and lifts it to a level of psychotic madness/genius that I don't think will be topped again. Such a shame he'll never be around for a sequel.

The film itself is probably the best I've seen in the last 12 months with good performances from several other cast members, but I feel that Ledger makes it what it is. A different choice of actor would have led the film down a far lesser path IMO.
Parmenion

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i echo the above, it was a perfect filming of a great graphic novel....loved it
Tk421

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ledger's joker was spot on. But then, Bale's Bruce wayne and Batman are both pretty much spot on as well.

I'm curious as to where they'll go with the next movies though. The director has said he wants to avoid any sci-fi and more fantastic elements of Batman. So hopefully we won't see Mr freeze any time soon.

Favourite scene (without giving anything away) - the magic pencil. "Taaadaaaaa!"
Max Power

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome film. I thought that Ledger was so malevolent as the Joker, and played mad/psychotic/scary brilliantly. The magic pencil was rather memorable, but I also liked the bit outside the hospital with the detonator.
Lizzy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ledger really was awesome and made the film imo.
Anyone else find Bale's voice when in the bat costume annoying?

Please can I have a bat bike? Razz

Listen to Lizzy, she's always right! Laughing as said by Jovial
butterfly

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes!! A movie I have actually seen...
Bale's "Batman" voice very annoying. For some reason I kept thinking he was channelling Michael Keaton's Batman. At least thats what I kept flashing to.
Great movie but the subtext of the movie had my husband and I "discussing" the darker elements for the rest of our date. He says that it was too much "American policy in Iraq"..
Not sure I agree...
Grace

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely brilliant film - it has made every film I've seen since an immediate let down (Not that X Files needed any help for that. Evil or Very Mad It was awful!).
Heath Ledger is a great loss to Hollywood. If he could have produced more performances like that he could have gone on to be one of the Greats.
Kerela

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lizzy wrote:
Ledger really was awesome and made the film imo.
Anyone else find Bale's voice when in the bat costume annoying?

Please can I have a bat bike? Razz

Yes, yes and yes. Very Happy

I'm not much into all these superhero-stuff (apart from having been forced to watch Spiderman and Daredevil I never watched anything) but I was curios (well mainly because of Heath Ledger, everybody said how great he was), and after my friend told me that I reminded her of the Joker I decided that I propably should watch it Laughing and
it was really WOW Exclamation
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    James Barclay Forum Index -> Film, Stage, TV & Music All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: