James Barclay Forum Index James Barclay
Welcome to the forum for the author James Barclay.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

10,000 BC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    James Barclay Forum Index -> Film, Stage, TV & Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Parmenion

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: 10,000 BC Reply with quote

Well just been to see this, i think the best way to describe it is a dramatised fable / fire side tale. The CGI is excellent, good strong characters and the films flows along nicely...if you want historic content and accuracy dont go you will be disapointed.........

*******possible spoiler***********

i love the nod to atlantis and also the film toutches on the fact that the pyramids are thought to be thousands of years older than current history tells us...i love the people that challange history rather than just accept it...eg graham hancock.

worth a watch......3.5/5
skandranon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do like the look of this Very Happy
Im pleased you havent put me off Parmenion Very Happy
Max Power

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the review, Robin. I wasn't after historical accuracy when I saw the trailer, so I think it'll still be on my cinema wishlist for the next month or so.
Selik

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw it last night. It's a great watch although there could have been the odd thing developed a bit more.

I've heard someone liken it to 300, which, I suppose for a moment at the end there is a smidge that may remind people of it, though i'll not say why. But personally I found more of a likeness with Apocalypto, except I enjoyed this more. Very Happy
Drizzt

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twas a canny watch... 3.5/5 though that could move up to a 4 upon a second viewing.

One thing which I will mention is the cinematography; this film has some brilliant views and scenery in it, as you'd expect from Rolan Emmerich.

And the memmoths are COOL!!!
Tk421

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say... I was growing bored until the mammoth charge near the end. The scenic views werne't too bad and some of the script was really quite good. But the whole movie felt unbalanced. It felt like the hunt went on for hours then the final battle was over in like five minutes. And there were a few too many predictable elements for me personally. Ie the scars on her hand, the star and the sabretooth tiger.

That being said I didn't dislike it, just had hoped for something a bit different.
Thraun

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't seen this yet but have planned to since I heard about it. Still seems to draw mixed reviews where-ever I see them Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    James Barclay Forum Index -> Film, Stage, TV & Music All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: