James Barclay Forum Index James Barclay
Welcome to the forum for the author James Barclay.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cloverfield

Post new topic   Reply to topic    James Barclay Forum Index -> Film, Stage, TV & Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drizzt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:35 pm    Post subject: Cloverfield Reply with quote

I'm undecided about this... maximum points for originality and the level of sheer technical skill needed to pull it off is astounding... but....

I dunno... it's not bad. Actually it's good, I enjoyed it and it does suck you and make you wonder what's going to happen next (I guarantee you, something is ALWAYS going to happen next in this film), though at the same time I didn't like the slight dose of motion sickness the camera work left me with.

It's thought provoking, one or two visual references to 9/11 which weren't needed, and it's gripping stuff... not sure I'll buy the DVD but it's definitely one to see on the big screen to get the most from it....

Bizarre!!
Tk421

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say it kicked ass. No problems with the motion sickness for me. And the monster was quite original too.
Mantyluoto

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i enjoyed it too, no motion sickness for me either.

A friend said "but nothing was explained" which i think is the point.

Um just a question. what was said right at the end after the credits ran through. Someone near us spoke and i missed it.

I think it said, "Its not over" but i'm not sure.
Tk421

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPOILERISH CONTENT BEWARE!!!!!!!

it said "Help us"...

and there's a little extra bit that played backwards or something like that says "It's still alive."
Mantyluoto

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool thanks TK
Tk421

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was an interview with Matt Reeves where he said that one of the ideas going round is that the monster is actually just a baby, going through a bit of seperation anxiety and that causes it to go to work on Central park.

Which begs the question... what about mommy?

and begs the other question... Will that coffee shop ever be the same again?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    James Barclay Forum Index -> Film, Stage, TV & Music All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: