James Barclay Forum Index James Barclay
Welcome to the forum for the author James Barclay.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Disney's High School Musical

Post new topic   Reply to topic    James Barclay Forum Index -> Film, Stage, TV & Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeathJunior

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject: Disney's High School Musical Reply with quote

A good movie for the family or watching by yourself, the actors are pretty good for disney actors, although I did get the feeling this might be their attempt at evolving more mickey mouse club pop stars, (i.e like Britney, Christina and Justin) but the songs are really well interwoven, the storylines good and the soundtrack is something you can dance too.

I'd say watch it.

www.myspace.com/djjaines
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=DJJaines
Dan Jaines a walking dictionary of Danisms
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Selik

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would, you randomly play disney music in the refectory. However, i'd be inclined to agree, though not so much with the more modern songs.
When it comes to disney, i'd rather stick to what I already know. Over the years Disney has gradually gone so downhill in its quality. It's more like mainstream hollywood for children.
DeathJunior

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

true it is, hence the mickey mouse club comment. It does seem like another try by Disney to get their actors into mainstream pop.

www.myspace.com/djjaines
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Selik

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't have thought they'd need to bother. Half of mainstream pop songs sound like crap rehashes of disney music anyway.
jolinare

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one of my school houses is doing a song for house music.

i really aught to watch it so i can condemn high school musical as 'high school cliche' and say its not a real musical with conviction. hohoho
dragonkillernz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a joke, what I've seen of it anyway. I switched to the Disney channel one night, with Joanna, and we'd both heard of it, so we watched for a while. What a load of junk. Is this the best our generation can create by means of musical movie? The last generation had Grease, and we have a movie which has random interjections where the characters talk to the audience and instruct them on how to perform the dances in the movie Question
DeathJunior

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eerr ... no they don't ... >.> ... were you watching the documentary instead of the actual movie ... >.> ... Anyway, I saw Gabriella ... well the actresses new mainstream song the other day and it's pretty good.

www.myspace.com/djjaines
dragonkillernz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have absolutely no idea. All I know is I was switching channels for a while and it seemed lame. But I'm 100% it was High School Musical, or perhaps, as you say, some kind of documentary, although if it was, it was a documentary meant for people ages 4-8 because nobody else would bother watching.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    James Barclay Forum Index -> Film, Stage, TV & Music All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: