James Barclay Forum Index James Barclay
Welcome to the forum for the author James Barclay.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Torchwood
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    James Barclay Forum Index -> Film, Stage, TV & Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Max Power

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ry_Darrick wrote:
I loved it! There is some great TV on at the moment and every night there seems to be something I love. There is now Spooks, Robin Hood, Torchwood, Doctor Who (reruns on Sky), That Mitchell and Webb Look, and loads of others.

I like the idea of Torchwood and I can't wait to see how everything develops, I think it adds to Doctor Who and I like the fact that although it is very similar, there isn't as much "history" behind it like in Doctor Who which has been running for years, Torchwood is a refreshing change.

POSSIBLE SPOILERS EPISODE 2

Could someone please PM or explain the whole hand in the jar thing, my first thought was that it was the thing keeping him immortal, but that can't be right so I'm lost..

I like your choice of current TV, Ry! Pretty much the same as me. So, you liked Mitchell and Webb? Apparently their live tour is just as good as the series so I might see if they're coming my way. "That's Numberwang!!!"

Jov - I think Russel might 'camp up' Robin Hood a little too much, although he is a v good writer (Queer as Folk was a very good series).
Jen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you've got BBC Three don't forget that Torchwood is on tonight at 10pm episode is called The Ghost Machine, Shocked .

Not Torchwood related, but have to say while I do like Robin Hood I wish it was a bit darker. Just a shade.
TheJovialGnome

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remembered to set the video tonight Laughing But thanks for the reminder! And you're right about RH, it's just too frivolous.

Last edited by TheJovialGnome on Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Max Power

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think RH can't decide if it is a serious drama, or a family entertainment show. The Sheriff could be far more evil (oh, let's vut off some of Marion's hair and actually make her look a bit more sexy instead of humiliating her long term!). I do like the fact that none of them have a Notts accent - and most of them sound like they're from Yorkshire. A fact that really annoys my Notts born wife!!! Laughing
Ry_Darrick

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't get to see the episode last night, I'll try and catch it on wednesday, but the arsenal match is on, and if not ill catch it on friday, could people please spoiler anything to do with this weeks episode? thanks..
Ry_Darrick

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Max, I love that mitchell and webb, I found the first episode I saw pretty average, nothing "Laugh out loud" funny, but once you get to know some of the sketches it is absolutely hilarious!! I'd love to go and see it live, in fact I'd love to see loads of comedians live, but I never get down to the shows Sad .

In other news, Spooks is on tonight!!! I can't wait!!
TheJovialGnome

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Max Power wrote:
I do like the fact that none of them have a Notts accent - and most of them sound like they're from Yorkshire. A fact that really annoys my Notts born wife!!! Laughing

I believe South Yorkshire has a claim on Robin Hood, especially the Doncaster area - they've even named their airport after him Laughing
Max Power

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jov - do you know how much annoyance that has caused in Nottinghamshire?! V funny! Laughing

It's not surprising really. Everyone knows Yorkshire is the centre of the universe... Wink
Parmenion

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the thing people forget is that Sherwood forest was once massive i easily streached into yorkshire, so he is still robin of sherwood!..but due to his arch rival being the sheriff of nottingham..well nottingham will always win the fight of who owns the legend.

I got my name becasue my mum went into labour while returning from a trip to nottingham...man the years of a buse i got for being called robin..

could be worse...she could have been on her way back from Bunny..(just outside nottingham)
molossus

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being an old git I tend to prefer the Robin of Sherwood series from the 80s. Got the whole lot on dvd - and yes there are all sorts of regional accents on it.

Regards
Rich
Mantyluoto

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And me! Christmas is coming up and hopefully Santa will bring the series to me!!!
Lizzy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the boards Molossus.

Manty have you been good enough this year then?

I haven't actually watched anymore Torchwood since the first two, not likely to tonight either....just always clashes with other stuff I am doing, still hopefully each episode is stand alone ish..

Listen to Lizzy, she's always right! Laughing as said by Jovial
Mantyluoto

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to answer that question would take this off topic again
Jen

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Torchwood episodes do stand alone quite well so I wouldn't dismiss it if you miss a few.

Not sure what to do about Robin Hood tonight I don't know if I can stand anymore 'lets not kill the evil bloke cause that would send the wrong message'

Torchwoods on tomorrow night and that looks like a great episode, I only wish it wasn't on at 10pm
Shocked is much what I look like by the time 11pm comes along and I can head off to bed.
Ry_Darrick

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched Torchwood last night, its was really good, and it was just as good as the first two episodes. Looking forward to Robin Hood tonight, I watched last weeks episode last night, and I found the twist quite surprising.

That Mitchell and Webb look played at Warwick Arts Centre yesterday, (thats about 10 minutes away from me) but I only found out because my form teacher was going, I was already booked in to see Borat with some friends, so I was a bit gutted, still, Borat was hilarious!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    James Barclay Forum Index -> Film, Stage, TV & Music All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: