James Barclay Forum Index James Barclay
Welcome to the forum for the author James Barclay.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Eve-Online

Post new topic   Reply to topic    James Barclay Forum Index -> Video games and role-playing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silent Dreamer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Eve-Online Reply with quote

Anyone else here who plays Eve-Online?

If not I ask you to take a look at it. Its a MMORPG, but in space! All 3D, very graphical and a great community. It does take time getting into, I myself have been playing for 3 years. Its not a game where you can spend hours on everyday and get REALLY advanced like most other MMORPG's you find out there. You set a skill training and it can take a few minutes to a month or more depending on which level the skill is at. Also some skills require you to have other skills at a certain level to be able to train it, ships you fly and items you use also require certain skills. So its a game that takes time to be able to access the better things.

Lastly, a few days old character is just as good as a 3 year old character. There is a role for everyone to play regardless of how many skill points you have. Also helps by joining a corporation so other players can help you in further progressing with the game. And it does cost, but only ?9 roughly a month, so its not expensive.

Enough rambling for now.
Shriker

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Revives Thread*

I played EVE once a couple of year ago, but at the time it was too slow for me and took too long to get into when I could be playing something like wow.

However, now I have less time to play MMO's I'm looking for something where I don't have to spend huge amount of time online and this seems to fit the bill. I must remember to give it a chance though, because I know it's slow at first. I also quit Star trek online before (apparently) I got to the stage when it sped up.

If your still playing it would be good to have someone on who could show me the ropes Smile

P.S Sorry Thraun, I paid for a month of Wow and used it about 4 times, just don't have enough time for Wow at the moment. Cataclysm may draw me back though Smile
JereD

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i do play but not always..

only when i don't have much work to do..

the game is enjoyable and fun..

only it's online so it always log.. so sometimes don't enjoy much..
Shriker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool

Unfortunately since posting I've stopped playing lol it was enjoyable, just at the time wanted to save money, and now Cataclysm comes out in December so I think that might be my next step Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    James Barclay Forum Index -> Video games and role-playing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: