James Barclay Forum Index James Barclay
Welcome to the forum for the author James Barclay.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Okami - ps2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    James Barclay Forum Index -> Video games and role-playing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drizzt

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Okami - ps2 Reply with quote

I'm maybe three hours into 'Okami', a game recently released in the UK, and it's a game well worth playing.

In the game you play the part of a wolf armed with various magical powers and abilities. You're charged with bringing about the end of a curse upon the land by use of said powers and along the way you meet various characters and have to complete all manner of tasks aside from the usual ass-kicking of a few monsters and baddies here and there.

If you're looking for originality, look no further. Graphically, this game is awesome. It's literally like watching an old Japanese painting come to life before your eyes. Story-wise, it's great fun. The dialogue is sharp and surprisingly funny, though there is a fair bit of it, but it's the gameplay where the game really wins. The control system for the magic is brilliantly original for a console game. And, as you're playing a God, the feats you perform using your powers are done so with a subtle 'ease' which befits your character. And, hey, it's amusing just experimenting to see just what you can do..!

Rent it, buy it, steal it... either way, shut yourself away for an evening or two and play it. It's one of those little gems which will probably become a cult classic.
Selik

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, awesome game!!! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    James Barclay Forum Index -> Video games and role-playing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: