James Barclay Forum Index James Barclay
Welcome to the forum for the author James Barclay.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Black Flame
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    James Barclay Forum Index -> Members' own work
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tk421

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: The Black Flame Reply with quote

Right I'm not overly sure whether I should have put this in here or in the books section but my own novel "The Black Flame" is very nearly ready. After a quick word to check it was ok with James Im putting up a link to the newly aqquired cover. If anyone would like to check it out and give an opinion etc it'd be greatly appreciated.

www.robmackellar.com/books.html

Thanks in advance for looking guys.
Parmenion

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GAsps in amazement....has to sit and stare at the amazing cover...oooohs a bit....(sorry is that laying it on a bit thick???)

its great mate, looks very striking
sir robin

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which is out NOW!!!! on

www.amazon.com

'shameless plug'
Parmenion

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will be kicking publisher behind to find out why also not appeared on amazon.co.uk
But so you dont miss out i have ordered 50 copies to be specially signed by rob. and we will be selling them for cover price plus shipping. ?12.

Bargain...so either wait for amazon.co.uk to sort their act out or go to my web site and order a signed copy. (its in the Libros debut author section) pm me if you cannot find it. Very Happy

***better shameless plugging***
Drizzt

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh, that's better than the ?15 I saw earlier... Razz
Drizzt

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woah, strike that. Not paying ?12 carriage for a book for anyone. I can send a 6ft steel cabinet to Aberdeenshire on a pre-12pm delivery for tomorrow for that...!! Shocked
Parmenion

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazon.com think they are shipping from the US...im lost as to why they have done this i can only assume they are a bit faster at listing it than the UK site...

and yes i dropped the price on my site from ?15 to ?12 this is more about getting rob's books out there than a profit so we are selling them for list price. (plus they are signed, and maybe more!!)
Drizzt

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've no objection to ?12 for the book, it's the ?12 p&p on top of that which I ain't paying. Razz
Selik

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked You realise you can send a drum machine 1st class via the post office for less than that?
sir robin

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

on the new and used though is one shipping from the uk so mightbe alot less
sir robin

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

now on Amazon.co.uk ?11.99
Drizzt

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Including delivery, I can get it for about ?14 from Amazon.com (give or take, this is against the $). I'd rather put the business through Robin but ?24 (?12 for the book, ?12 for the delivery, which is what the site wanted to charge me) isn't gonna happen.
sir robin

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

same book you can get signed by rob though mate
Drizzt

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The book is ordered, should be with me soon. Yay! Very Happy
Parmenion

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have checked my site and it was picking up hardback shipping for some reason (you should have pm'd me Driz!! Wink

International shipping is now set to ?8 and UK to ?4...for those on here if they order more than 1 copy i will refund any overspend on shipping (ie: charge the exact shipping only) the site software will not allow me to do it any other way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    James Barclay Forum Index -> Members' own work All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: