James Barclay Forum Index James Barclay
Welcome to the forum for the author James Barclay.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

D&D Online "Stormreach"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    James Barclay Forum Index -> Video games and role-playing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mantyluoto

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:53 pm    Post subject: D&D Online "Stormreach" Reply with quote

Anyone played it? can recommend it?

is it worth ?10 per month?
Malop

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Manty,

I beta tested it and was impressed by the graphics and the fact you can do quite a few missions solo without a party.

Like all MMORPG though the team and community are important and I couldn't dedicate the time needed to build up a team. It's fairly realistic to the 3.5 rules apart from the magic, spellusers get their spells back by resting at special plinths.
Fantasycon 2010 Nottingham (stopped over for lunch)
Fantasycon 2011 Brighton (Is that in France?)
DeathJunior

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I don't think any game should be paid for to be online. Look at NWN it has a great online comunity and it's free. Most RP servers are very beautifully designed by the players and DMs too so yeah. I don't like forking out for an online game when I've got a perfectly good free one out there.

www.myspace.com/djjaines
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=DJJaines
Dan Jaines a walking dictionary of Danisms
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
iliev

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i play this, its quite a good game, regularly updated every few months, they have a level cap of 16 at the minute (was 10 at start), you can get a free trial account from the website which gives you 10 days or get a free 30 day trial with te game (which i believe you can pick up for about 5 quid now !)

none of your turn based combat though its click to hit a bit like normal games, pretty close to d&d rules apart from spellcasters have spellpoints to cast spells, which can be recpvered at shrines in the dungeons
Post new topic   Reply to topic    James Barclay Forum Index -> Video games and role-playing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: