James Barclay Forum Index James Barclay
Welcome to the forum for the author James Barclay.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jonny Wilkinson

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Max Power

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:07 pm    Post subject: Jonny Wilkinson Reply with quote

Well, I think it's fair to say that the golden boy of English sport is back. After the injuries and setbacks Wilkinson has gone through since dropping that goal three years ago, I was thrilled to not only see him back in an England shirt, but delivering an amazing performance. England looked somewhat like world champions (although I'm under no illusions - the All Blacks should easily win the World Cup, and Scotland didn't have an attacking force of note), and Jonny could do no wrong.

27 points, one try (glad he was given it, but it never was a try), only one missed tackle in the game, no (major!) injury, and a performance to get me slightly excited about watching England play again. About time English sport had a sporting icon to admire again.
Farseer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do like Jonny Wilkinson but i think it's only a matter of time before he gets injured again. Hopefully before the wales game. apparently adidas have made him lycra body armor with a big x on the back which draws his shoulders back and puffs his chest out to protect his shoulders from injury.not sure if this is true or not bu the source was a reliable one
Max Power

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have so few sports stars to admire in England currently that we literally need to wrap the good ones up!!!

We'll be stealing Andy Murray from the Scots next... Wink
Drizzt

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not until he loses the American accent!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    James Barclay Forum Index -> Sport All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: