James Barclay Forum Index James Barclay
Welcome to the forum for the author James Barclay.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SPOILER for Shout for the Dead.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    James Barclay Forum Index -> Writing The Ascendants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wulfa_Coldheart

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:03 am    Post subject: SPOILER for Shout for the Dead. Reply with quote

Can't really but the question in the subject header just in case someone hasn't read the book.

But I'm wondering if James did any research for the walking dead? I'm a bit of a zombie film fan and so really loving the whole zombies in a fantasy setting - combines two of my favourite genres!

The walking dead in Shout for the Dead are a bit different from those that appear in popular culture. They don't moan or try to eat people for example! Never the less, were any of Romero's films watched for inspiration?
James
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope... I specifically didn't want them to be anything like classic cinema zombies. So, chopping off heads doesn't kill them an dthey don;t walk arms outstretched moaning. The problems they have with walking are all down to decay and injury, not to do with just 'being zombies'.

They have memory and they have purpose given them by Gorian. they are not mindless but without will of their own.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    James Barclay Forum Index -> Writing The Ascendants All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: