James Barclay Forum Index James Barclay
Welcome to the forum for the author James Barclay.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Beckham's ?128m deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drizzt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... the secret behind Beckam's free-kick success? Shocked
James
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See my blogs on the subject... Smile
Futre4

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate its an inordinate amount of cash , but the point I was making was that would he have gone to USA if HE had the choice, he got offered a lot of cash to go Italy for a season or two , when the guy has as much as he has and is offered a great sum to play in a top flight league like serie A then as a footballer who has everything proving you can still play is the one thing that you cant buy. How many footballers kick off their shoes too early and regret it? . I think Becks could have gone to America any time and question whether he may have gone to the US this early if he wasnt driven by posh. In Italy he'd be pushed by the standard of the game and would play in the champions league also , In America the temptation to become lax is too easy and his England ambitions will flail like David James' arms over a cross into the box. Maybe im just voicing my thoughts into what Id do in becks position , but you cant blame me for thinking hes kicking back early , a footballers lifespan at the top is fleeting and he is in my opinion winding down for retirement a little early.

http://richardpmurfin.wordpress.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Max Power

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read a story today from one of Becks' new teammates at the Galaxy. He basically threw his dummy out of the cot, said it's not fair that David will be getting loads of money and that he was jealous! Welcome to the USA!!!

No doubt one of his teammates will sue him because the amount of money Bekham is getting has made the other fellow lose confidence and his career gets ruined. Wink Only in America!!!
James
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And my answer to that whinger is... become a world famous icon, play football at the highest level for 15 years, captain your country 50 times and be a world class player at your peak. Then you can whine.

Idiot.
Parmenion

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...yeah...what he said!! Very Happy
Max Power

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a bit sulky. It's like me complaining that my departmental director gets paid more than me and I want her wage. It's not my fault that I'm not (yet!!!) as good as her, I deserve loadsa money!!! Wink
Saxx

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratz to Becks is what I say, i've seen interviews with him and he seems like a stand up guy so good luck to him. Who gives a crap what other people are saying about him, "he's only in it for the money" and things like that. Could anyone turn down that kind of money, i think not, and anyone who says they could are fools. I bet Becks is laughing all the way to the bank, and so would I!
Futre4

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given that his last two bosses have kinda shafted him towards the end also , it seems to me he wants to be at a club where he doesnt suffer intense pressure and competition.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Futre4

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear Fowler may soon join him in the u.s. very soon also, not that Fowler needs the cash he is one of the Richest players in the Prem.

Parmenion

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont you find it amusing that since they sold becks he is back in the team, playeing brilliantly and also being looked at for an england comeback... i find it amusing !! Laughing
Futre4

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched the Bayern match and he was inventive, enthusiastic and energetic, I still think England should have him in the squad , i think playing in America will be his downfall due to the low standard , but bring him back i say .

Parmenion

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bring him back now help us qualify and let him have the swan song he deserved for all the good he has done for england
Post new topic   Reply to topic    James Barclay Forum Index -> Sport All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: