James Barclay Forum Index James Barclay
Welcome to the forum for the author James Barclay.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Listening to (cont>
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    James Barclay Forum Index -> Film, Stage, TV & Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grace

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe... I can't stand the guy.

Les Miserables - disc 3.
AshleyBoy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll have to agree with you there... Justin Timberlake sucks like a Hooker with a hoover!
Drizzt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*concurs*
Kerela

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric Fish - Schrei
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Selik

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AshleyBoy wrote:
i'll have to agree with you there... Justin Timberlake sucks like a Hooker with a hoover!

Laughing Now that 100% accurate description I must remember for future reference.

Anyone here into power metal should check out a band called Icewind. I've just finished listening to their first full length album and it's awesome. It's a crime they're not signed yet!!

Icewind- All is Dust (the album)
Saxx

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin Timberlake = pop musics finest. And anyone who has a go at him, just because its the thing to do if you you're into the rock music, are very very foolish.

You can't listen to Thrash and all that noise, all the time. There comes a time when you want something to chill out to, sing along to, and bop your head to and that is where big JT comes in!

Come on people, a bit of variety never hurt anyone!
Drizzt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Thou art mistaken!

I like metal but also own albums from Riverdance to Shakira - JT has never appealed. Not because he's a dancing monkey acting gangsta, but because he just isn't very good. His voice irritates me and his music has no real meaning. 'Putting Sexy Back'?? *shakes head* Rolling Eyes

I can listen to pop, dance, jazz, folk, metal... but not JT. I'd sooner listen to a dolby recording of camel flatulence.

And there's plenty of scope within metal/rock for chilling out. Very Happy
Saxx

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you meant "I'm bringing sexy back...YEUP!" What a line!

Shakira has real meaning to her music does she?? lol her hips don't lie! Very deep!

Listen to his newest song, What goes around. Its excellent. And having Timbaland on a song, is always a good thing!

I do like some heavy rock music, but i think i am more into bands like Silverstein. Its the Emo kid in me!
Drizzt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In some she does, in others not. Or at least not one decipherable to most humans... Hehe... There's a live performance she did in Rotterdam in... 2002, I think, of a song called 'Inevitable'. Watch that and come back to me. Wink
Saxx

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drizzt wrote:
I'd sooner listen to a dolby recording of camel flatulence

Haha
Lizzy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm no JT fan either. Only heard his singles but that one where he gets the blokes and ladies singing and there is a line something like 'really leaving with chew'..really really dislike that song.

I listen to all sorts mainly indie and rock I guess.

Timberlake just doesn't cut it with me in the music or looks stakes.

Give me The Zutons/ Razorlight/ The Kooks anyday. Or if you're feeling retro Echo and the Bunnymen take some beating IMO Cool

Listen to Lizzy, she's always right! Laughing as said by Jovial
jolinare

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saxx wrote:
I think you meant "I'm bringing sexy back...YEUP!" What a line!

Shakira has real meaning to her music does she?? lol her hips don't lie! Very deep!

Listen to his newest song, What goes around. Its excellent. And having Timbaland on a song, is always a good thing!

I do like some heavy rock music, but i think i am more into bands like Silverstein. Its the Emo kid in me!

i liked shakira's older stuff, it has a fabulously spanish sound and she does have an original voice.

i'm not so hot on her new album, i mean, r nb kids, EVERYONE does that! Cough, although i do rather like hips dont lie, for some reason.

the cure- Norther. BANG BANG CRASH GROWL SCREAM!
Saxx

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lizzy wrote:
Give me The Zutons/ Razorlight/ The Kooks anyday.

I don't know what it is about those bands that you mentioned, but i really dislike them. Same as the Killers. I think its because everyone likes the kooks, and razorlight and when i go out everyone sings the words. It seems indie is the new Chav music, not dance, not r'n'b. Brit Indie Rock. I'm just glad Bloc Party are flying under the radar.

American Indie, imo is better. But get into the electro indie like the postal service, electric president and plus minus.

The JT song is Senorita, with Pharrel.
Saxx

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jolinare wrote:
Cough, although i do rather like hips dont lie, for some reason.

I dare anyone not to want to shout out "SHAKIRA! SHAKIRA!" when that song comes on in a club!
Lizzy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saxx wrote:
Lizzy wrote:
Give me The Zutons/ Razorlight/ The Kooks anyday.

I don't know what it is about those bands that you mentioned, but i really dislike them. Same as the Killers. I think its because everyone likes the kooks, and razorlight and when i go out everyone sings the words. It seems indie is the new Chav music, not dance, not r'n'b. Brit Indie Rock. I'm just glad Bloc Party are flying under the radar.

American Indie, imo is better. But get into the electro indie like the postal service, electric president and plus minus.

I'm waaaayyy too old to like something because it's the 'in' thing to do(not that I ever did mind). I like stuff because it's good imo, but I have had enough of Razorlight's America and Snow Patrol's Chasing Cars.

I think the fact that you like JT probably means that we will have rather different tastes in music. That's not a critiscism just and observation. Though Bloc Party are interesting.

Currently listening to Nick Cave

Listen to Lizzy, she's always right! Laughing as said by Jovial
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    James Barclay Forum Index -> Film, Stage, TV & Music All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10

Jump to: