James Barclay Forum Index James Barclay
Welcome to the forum for the author James Barclay.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

www.barclaytalkssport.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deornoth

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Futre4 wrote:
Who thinks Ronaldo will do well at Milan or is he a has been ?

Who thinks Ronaldo will play for Milan again? Shocked

Does exactly what it says on the tin!
Thraun

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deornoth wrote:
Futre4 wrote:
Who thinks Ronaldo will do well at Milan or is he a has been ?

Who thinks Ronaldo will play for Milan again? Shocked

I reckon he's a well-spent force nowadays...except maybe down at his local fast-food joint - still a record-holder for "most burgers quaffed in an hour" Laughing
Futre4

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leeds are in the playoffs , although I was born in the NE i follow leeds avidly and this could be our day - fingers crossed!!. Come on the mighty whites !!

http://richardpmurfin.wordpress.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
butterfly

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say it because I think no matter how good a player he is, I still think he is a twat. So bye, bye Ronaldo. Hope you enjoy being just another good player in the "superteam"... Twisted Evil
Futre4

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I know what you mean , but I question how good Man U will be this year indeed the whole of the prem seems to be second choice behind the Primera league.......signs look ominous.
Even Man utd the so called biggest club in England couldnt lure Benzema and so far seem to have lost out on Ribery. Fergy acts pleased over his signings but if he HAD got the players he wanted in my opinion he wouldnt have gone for Valencia and Owen, hed be sitting pretty with the afformentioned french talents.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Max Power

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Compare Owen and Valencia against Liverpool's signings to date (an overpriced, but good Johnson), Chelsea's (Zhirkov - not sure of his pedigree, Sturridge), Arsenal's (an unknown Dutch defender), with Toure, Adebayor, Alonso (near as dammit) gone. All of the top four have had an underwhelming transfer window as Spain flexes its financial muscles. Fergie's signings are as good as anyone else (bar Man City's) so far, and I think they'll cope with the loss of Ronaldo's goals. Just. But I think it gives Liverpool a chance.
Futre4

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you say thoroughly underwhelming. It seems just keeping last years squads from dashing off to Italy and Spain was the main challenge. I agree that Man utd may be okay but my main concern is IF Man Utd are still the strongest team and are without their best player, and the three other top teams who havent strengthened much either.. are behind them.............one wonders how they will get on in Europe.
Lastly unless Arsene Wenger has a clutch of new Van persies , Thiery Henrys and Cescs wating to come through I can see them having a hard time maintaining their annual 4th position.

OLD NEW GUY

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think arsenal showed they have a fair bit of class to bring to the league this season...with a very solid destruction of last years 5th place team Everton.

where as Manu were average, Liverpool were poor, only chelsea showed any real form on day 1 along side the gunners
Futre4

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont doubt an arsenal side firing on all cylinders , few teams are better, its the week in week out performances they have to get right. Also looking at the transfers id feel bad if i was a portsmouth fan, is the club attempting to sell EVERY asset they have, they also seemed to be flaunting the 39 david james minutes before the window, I mean even if sold he couldnt have fetched more than a mil given his age.

OLD NEW GUY

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know, James is still save for save statistically one of the top 3 best shot stoppers in the league.
Thats got to be worth a few mill of anyones silly money in todays game.

On a different note...Can and worms...does this spring to anyone esles mind with the decision by eufa to ban eduardo?
Ok I think he dived, if he was anticipating, protecting himself etc.. what ever it was, unfortunatly its so endemic in todays game Uefa have now potentially put themselves in the middle of every dodgy decision made in the league, in every league.

Arsenal could mount a solid defence using 1 week of TV alone, which would either result in eduardo having his han revoked, or everyone else banned for a sdimilar offence...playwers like rooney, Drogba, Ronaldo, berbatov etc..might have to retire as they would have to re learn the game.
OLD NEW GUY

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how about chelski being banned from the transfer market for the next 2 transfer windows?? now thats a serious punishment!

teach them to tap up youngsters!
skandranon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being a Spurs fan myself any punishment Chelsea gets is fine by me !

But if it sticks it will certainly hit them where it hurts, much better than hefty fine.
Futre4

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Man Utd could be next, hope their squads are ready for a lengthy testing spell.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    James Barclay Forum Index -> Sport All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: