James Barclay Forum Index James Barclay
Welcome to the forum for the author James Barclay.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ravensoul translation to german?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hinka

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:02 pm    Post subject: Ravensoul translation to german? Reply with quote

When is ravensoul going to be translated in german?

sincerly hinka
James
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Hinka,

Sorry but I don't know the answer to that one. Heyne are still working through the Ascendants series so may well take their time. When I find out, I'll post it here for you.

Cheers
James
hinka

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.
hinka

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Barclay,

I discussed your work in many threads in fantasy forum in germany. Most people love your work, but not everybody can recommend it... the reason is, that your chronic (12 books in germany) is not available.
You can get in the book stores most of them or asked the stores, that the get the books for you. But at least one book isn't available at all. You can only try to get it on ebay, where you pay at least 600%-2000% of the normal price (name of the book: Schicksalswege - Legend of the raven part 1).
This is the reason, why nobody wants to read the chronic.... because who wants to start reading if they can't finish it OR needs to pay 40-140 euros for a paperbook. I asked by myself in 20 bookstores in many cities an no one had it OR has a reason why everybook is available except that one. I can't understand it by myself, because the books are only 2-3 years old. Who made the mistakes?

sincerly hinka (who paid 40€ for a misprint *g*)
MadMaxl

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi James!

I just wanted to raise this question again about a german translation for Ravensoul, if there will be one and if so, when it might be in the works.

The last Ascendants book is published for quite some time now, so are there any plans for Ravensoul to be translated soon?

Cheers Max
James
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I know for sure is that there is plenty of talk going on between Heyne and Gollancz and that a re-issue of all the Raven books is being discussed, as is a deal for Ravensoul. We'll see what comes out of it but thank you for your interest and questions and I'll be sure and post news as I get it.
hinka

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi James,

At first, nice job with ravensoul. I bought it and read it in english... but it was quite difficult Smile Nevertheless, nice ending!

Hope to see the raven-cycle republished, because I know that many people would like to read them. Someone in a german forum found on amazon a book called "Thief of the dawn".
http://www.amazon.de/Dieb-D%C3%A4mmerung-Roman-James-Barclay/dp/3453527283/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1259382351&sr=8-1

It's not Dawnthief - bacause these books allready have their names.

http://www.phantastik-couch.de/james-barclay.html

So, is this a fake? is it a new product? has it something to do with the raven cycle? is it a reprint of dawnthief, maybe with new german title?

sincerly hinka
MadMaxl

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it seems, it's not a fake.

They republish dawnthief, this time not split up into two titles (630 pages) and as a hardcover. You can find it n heyne.de
But this is a bit disappointing: it could mean, that they first publish all the old ravenbooks again, and then we might get ravensoul. And with the speed Heyne is acting, this coyuld mean another 5 years... Evil or Very Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    James Barclay Forum Index -> The Books All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: