James Barclay Forum Index James Barclay
Welcome to the forum for the author James Barclay.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A few questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryan

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: A few questions Reply with quote

Hi

I picked up Dawnthief as something to read over Easter after finally finding the time to read some more of James Barclay after finishing his ascendants books a couple of years ago.

After finishing the books iam left with a few thoughts.

In one of the early books Dawnthief I think the elves are referred to as vermin on their home continent by one of the mages Styllian I think now I expected this to crop up again when we visited the elves home continent but it doesnt crop up again until the garonin call the elves vermin.

Was this a story line that never worked so was dropped in favour of the elves being their own masters or was Styllian refering to the elves homeworld? if so how did he have knowledge of this?.

Staying on the theme of Styllian one of my favourite charactors he was mentioned as turning up in ravensoul but we never found out what happened to him. Was he knocked on the head so to speak by Dystern.

And finally was I the only person who thought that somebody should of killed lyanna and that Erienne and Denser should of cared more about the greater good than a single child.
Lizzy

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Ryan and welcome.

I think Styliann thought Xetesk, and especially himself, were superior to everyone! There was a feeling of animosity between some people and the elves. Plus the elves on Calaius seemed especially wary of humans in Elfsorrow.

I suspect the root cause of this may be dealt with in the forthcoming trilogy on the early history of the elves.

As for Lyanna - I don't think any sane parent could murder their 5 year old, even if it was for the greater good. And there were those who planned on killing her IIRC.

Listen to Lizzy, she's always right! Laughing as said by Jovial
Rups

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Ryan!

Nice that you're thinking and asking questions fella.

Xetesk always viewed the elves as vermin, as Elfsorrow proves chap.

Styliann, well, he is Mr. Xetesk for sure...

Question for you though mate, have you managed through them all and to RavenSoul?

Won't say anymore incase I spoil anyting for you chap..

Cheers,
Rups
James
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Ryan.

Lizzy and Rups have done a fine job answering your questions.

The upcoming elves trilogy will answer all sorts of questions regarding the relationships between elves and humans and particularly Xetesk.

Remember with Lyanna that there were those who wanted her dead precisely because of the danger she posed. There were also others who wanted her for their own ends. And there were Denser and Erienne who loved her more than anything and would never see her come to harm. never mind the power she possessed, she was a human and only the most callous would want her destroyed. Does murdering an innocent really serve the greater good?

Kepe on asking and we'll keep on answering. Thanks for being here, I hope it's a long stay for you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    James Barclay Forum Index -> The Books All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: