James Barclay Forum Index James Barclay
Welcome to the forum for the author James Barclay.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Battlestar Galactica (no spoilers)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    James Barclay Forum Index -> Film, Stage, TV & Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
James
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: Battlestar Galactica (no spoilers) Reply with quote

OK, watched my recording of the opening feature length episode of series three.

I did not believe they could still be improving as they went into this one. I was wrong. Obviously, I should keep my powder a little dry but right now, I can't think of a better drama I've seen on TV ever.

The choices the characters have to make. The hope, despair, the situations. The stakes are so unbelievably high and the options are vanishingly small. It is just stunning television. I've had my head in my hands, a tear in my eye and I've punched the air. The viewer is put through the wringer and then back again.

Watch it from the start, hire or buy the whole lot on DVD and follow it. The way the story is told and the characters grow is peerless.

Genius, frankly.
Parmenion

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is good , waitin until the next few episodes, this thing just gets better and better.
Its great to see a program redone so well.

Another author i know will not watch it he went to school with one of the main actors and they did not get on (he was a bully, the actor) ...hows that for a naff fact
Futre4

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dad sent me Battlestar Galactica series One , gonna watch it now .............ooh the anticipation!

http://richardpmurfin.wordpress.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Tk421

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just recently managed to borrow the pilot episode from a friend and watch it. It's a damn good show indeed but I was disappointed by the new look cylons and their ships. Probably cos I grew up watching the old show. I'm still going to watch more though.
Parmenion

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

am well into series 3 now, this series kicks ass!!
James
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still awesome. The tough decisions and the surprises just keep on coming. Destined to become iconic tv drama.

Magnificent.
melvish

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a big fan of BG too, marvelous charaters and plot.

So far seen only season 1
Will have to buy the dvd for season 2&3 cuz I've cancelled cable tv, can't stand the ads.
Max Power

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone still watching this? I've been on a three series (and Razor) marathon for the last three months, and fortuitously finished Razor on Friday - the same day as series four started on Sky One!!!

I absolutely love this show - the flawed characters, the dark tone of the plot, a marvellous reimagining of a series I loved as a kid, the way they weave in modern day life/issues, the ongoing guessing of who are cylons and who aren't... Can't wait to watch series 4 over the coming months.
James
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I most certainly am still watching it. Series 4 opens extremely well. I've seen the odd bit since where it might be losing its way but there's plenty there to keep me watching. The characterisation is brilliant.
Max Power

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Series 4 hasn't been as great as the others so far - it's gone a bit away from Galactica and more into philosophical and political strands. Still, the writers know how to ratchet up the tension and the Cylons have just surprised us all again in the episode I've just watched.
Tk421

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've finally gotten round to watching season 2 now and I'm much much more impressed than I was with the first one. And I still prefer the original cylons though.
Parmenion

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

has anyone seen the trailer for Caprica? the prequel series to BSG
Max Power

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched it on the Scifi.com website. Piqued my interest, but I'd like to see a bit more. As long as there's the tension and relentlessness that you get with BSG it'll be worth watching. Can't wait for the second half of the last BSG to come back - I'm off to Sky One's website now to try and find out something about that!!!
Tk421

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im now just about caught up. Only have some season 4 episodes to go now. hurrah.
Max Power

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone watching the last series of BSG on Sky at the moment? SOOOO good, although I can't see quite how it's going to end. Most definitely in my top three TV series.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    James Barclay Forum Index -> Film, Stage, TV & Music All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: