James Barclay Forum Index James Barclay
Welcome to the forum for the author James Barclay.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If there were to be a third book...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cochin Breaker

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:21 am    Post subject: If there were to be a third book... Reply with quote

... I'd be a very happy lad.
My sister and I have been having a conversation about what we think it would be called.
My guess would be 'Call to the Lost', and i'm not even going to mention what my sister thinks on the matter (teehee)

What do you lot think?
James
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I have no particular plans at the moment, but then I had no plans for Ravensoul when I finished Demonstorm so rule nothing out.

Love the title, by the way, very Ascendants indeed.
Cochin Breaker

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly, I know this, but I can have my dreams; it's such a vast and encompassing world that I can't help but want more. Very Happy
Al. I. Cuza

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only support that!
Cochin Breaker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nom nom nom; I can just imagine something going terribly wrong within the Conquord and Roberto having to send out good old Paul Jhered to find those unfortunately banished ascendants in the hope that they'd be able to sort it out.

*lives in a world of dreams* Very Happy
Selik

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like some good dreams to me! Smile I don't really see Jhered as the retiring sort Razz
Drizzt

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jhered? Retiring? Not a hope... speaking as an ex-taxman I can only stress the work ethic and desire to improve the world which burns within every bean counter...

.... honest!
Cochin Breaker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol. Yeah, Mr. Jhered is by the far the only taxman I know of (aside from the mythical 'taxman' who steals our wages without ever being seen), and indeed care about.

Drizt, were you actually one of those mytical creatures, or has the 'government' manipulated you into beliveing you were one, in order to further conceal the diabolical nature of Income Tax and VAT (even though I hear that that particular evil is beginning wane)?

Viva le taxmen de la Estorian Conquord!
(It's been a long time since I paid no attention in GCSE french classes, so, ironically, pardon my french...)

Breaker
Drizzt

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed I was, for a time... I enjoy likening it to escaping the Soul Tank a la Sol.... Wink
Cochin Breaker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then a mighty escape it was indeed! Hope you're enjoying your freedom... though I wonder; do you yearn to be connected once again to your erstwhile brothers in tax as Sol does?
Drizzt

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah! One does not spend years appropriating escape only to yearn for a return! Not to there.... *shudders*
Cochin Breaker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The soul tank calls to you, doesn't it?
It comes to you in your dreams, reaching out its tendrils of numbers to ensnare you and drag you back to its embrace; it wants you back, Drizzt, it wants you back so much.

So just remember, 'The Taxman always wins'...
Hang on, it's 'the house always wins', isn't it?

Oh well, i'm sure the statement still stands.

Breaker
James
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to tell you, Cochin, that when I was in the mode of considering a third Ascendants book (and there was a time until The Raven came a-knockin' and my publisher and I fancied heading offin other directions) that a very much not retired Jhered would be heading off to try and find Arducius et al as a truly desperate step to avoid utter disaster.

Good thinking. Good dreaming... keep it up.
Al. I. Cuza

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... I would like something outside the conquorde... Maybe the Ascendants must use theyre powers to help the treepeople... Maybe some other people from the far north, who have themselves Ascendant powers are trying to invade south... etc etc...
Lavitz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be the happiest person alive hehe. I think (if there WAS a next book) it should focus around the remaining 10th strand Ascendants. Naturally Jhered needs to be included Wink and Ardu and Ossie would be in purely for guidance, although a little action from them would be cool. Perhaps it could start with finally taking Tsard into the Conquord and the armies moving north of Sirrane and also to the eastern continent as Herine once mentioned?

Very Happy
"When you step into my world, Chancellor, you need to do you homework more thoroughly. I have forgotten more of the administrative complexities of the Conquord and its faith than you will ever learn. You will never beat me in the basilica"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    James Barclay Forum Index -> The Books All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: