James Barclay Forum Index James Barclay
Welcome to the forum for the author James Barclay.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Ipswich Town FC Thread!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
James
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Losing Walters would be a big disappointment but if he's set on leaving, we don't want him sulking through next season.

He's one of our best players and hopefully we can hang on to him and keep him happy. Bizarre that he'd want to go to Stoke. They will be back down next season after all.

I see we're interested in Lisbie. A good choice. Quick and with a good record at this level. 17 goals for Colchester in a relegation season is an excellent return.
Deornoth

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And he scores on his debut! Cool

I'm a little worried looking at the state of Jim's new wishlist now the likes of Charisteas/Skacel etc aren't coming. Players like Nathan Tyson, Steve Howard etc all look like they could do a job in the Championship but I'm not sure they're the ones to get us up and out... Confused
(Hoping that Ben Thatcher signs for us and not for Wolves...)

Does exactly what it says on the tin!
James
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thatcher would be a good signing. He'd add some real steel to the defence, no question.

I'm surprised Skacel didn't move to us but there you go. As for Howard, we just don't need him. Good goalscorer and all that but how many strikers do we really need? I know nowt about Tyson so can't comment.

We're looking strong though and have had an excellent pre-season.
Deornoth

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We definitely have and I'm looking forward to the season starting Very Happy

How many strikers do we need? We've probably there in numbers, to be fair, but I wouldn't mind seeing one more come in just to shake things up and make people work for their place in the team. There's still a month to go in the transfer window so it will be interesting to see what happens...

Deornoth

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And we're back in for Nugent again! I know he pretty much turned us down last time but I still wouldn't mind him on the team Very Happy

Max Power

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He probably shouldn't have left The Championship when he did. Admitedly he was one of the best players from the brief goal highlights I saw (but then, Theo Walcott was like that for Southampton), and McClaren called him up to England when I could have named half a dozen better strikers, but I don't think he's quite Premiership quality - at least, not for a club like Portsmouth.
Deornoth

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've said before but I'll say it again...

"Please God, not Shola Amoeobi..." Shocked

Deornoth

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not been the best start to a season where we were tipped to be a real contender. I've heard rumblings of Magilton out but is this really the answer? I'm not so sure, I'd say give him at least until Christmas and I really don't think it will be a problem by then....

James
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you. Sacking Magilton now would be just stupid and fortunately, it is not the Ipswich way. We'll come good. Nothing is decided yet after all. We've plenty of new signings to bed in and there are signs of improvement but we need consistency as well.

I get irritable at the fickle nature of our fans and the boring 'sack the manager' response to poor form. If the fans had their way, neither Bobby Robson, nor Alex Ferguson for that matter, would have been the heroes they are for their clubs. Patience, I say.
Deornoth

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saturday's result is a step in the right direction Very Happy I wasn't too sure about us signing Stead on loan, hopefully this is just the start for him.

Max Power

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Stead's a decent player, who had a run of bad luck in the Premier League. He's signed for good for oyu now, so I think this is a chance for him to show what he can do.
Deornoth

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he's a player who could really do with a sustained run in a team to show what he's capable of, good things hopefully! Very Happy

Deornoth

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little late in the posting but I'm glad to see that Darren Ambrose is back with us. He shouldn't have left in the first place!

James
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slowly, slowly, we are getting on in this league. The Derby result was excellent. It would be a lot to expect three points from Birmingham but a draw would be good.

Ambrose coming back is a big plus. He's quality, no matter what Charlton fans thought.

I just get the feeling the players have sussed out Jim's ideas, approach and accent...
Deornoth

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not quite sure that we're ready for a team like Birmingham but I reckon we'll give a better account of ourselves than we were at the start of the season. Ambrose is a good signing and hopefully we'll see enough of him for the move to be made permanent in January.
Does anyone know what's happening with Ivan Campo? I heard that he was on his way out of the club but now it seems that he's with us for a little while longer at least. I'm wondering if he will still be around at the end of the January transfer window...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    James Barclay Forum Index -> Sport All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: