James Barclay Forum Index James Barclay
Welcome to the forum for the author James Barclay.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If the Raven had disbanded as planned back in Dawnthief...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wulfa_Coldheart

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:35 pm    Post subject: If the Raven had disbanded as planned back in Dawnthief... Reply with quote

If the Raven had disbanded as planned back in Dawnthief and there was no threat from the Wesmen so therefore no need to cast Dawnthief, what do you think the core characters would have done?

I think the Unknown would have worked behind the bar at The Rookery until Xetesk decided it was time for a new Protector.

Hirad would have carried on as a mercenary. After a few years he might have got bored of working without the rest of the Raven and retired or got killed due to a daft mistake on some minor mission.

Ikar - back to Julatsa and no doubt a life of research and teaching.
Drizzt

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting question... I'll have to have a good think on this one!
Mantyluoto

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Denser would have carried on his research, climbing high in the Circles of Xetsek.
Milkman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished reading Dawnthief.

No wesmen/Wytch lord threat would mean no need to find Dawnthief. No need to find Dawnthief would mean no need for Errienne and her twins to be captured which would mean two of the most powerful mages in Balaia could be raised and trainned forging Balaian destiny in a new direction.
Max Power

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Milkman wrote:
Just finished reading Dawnthief.

No wesmen/Wytch lord threat would mean no need to find Dawnthief. No need to find Dawnthief would mean no need for Errienne and her twins to be captured which would mean two of the most powerful mages in Balaia could be raised and trainned forging Balaian destiny in a new direction.

True, although currently I'm working my way through the series again, and I suspect that the Black Wings would have had some say in the lives of the twins anyway. They seemed dangerous enough in Dawnthief, and are even more zealous and dangerous in Elfsorrow, so they would have had a say at some point, I think.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    James Barclay Forum Index -> The Books All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: