James Barclay Forum Index James Barclay
Welcome to the forum for the author James Barclay.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Console VS PC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    James Barclay Forum Index -> Video games and role-playing
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which do you prefer?
Console
45%
 45%  [ 5 ]
PC
36%
 36%  [ 4 ]
Neither
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Not sure
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 11

dragonkillernz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Console VS PC Reply with quote

I prefer consoles myself, I believe the fact that the hardware and system software is all engineered around games makes the gaming environment much better, as opposed to PCs which, even in the most hardcore gaming PCs, will always retain a sense of being a jack of all trades.
Futre4

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Consoles , but they are so expensive for games, with pcs you can grab a game maybe 2 years old for 2-3 quid, I picked up football manager whilst i was briefly back in england for 3 quid, that type of game strategy and simulation Id have to say PCs, but for high octane gaming , consoles are great .

http://richardpmurfin.wordpress.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Drizzt

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have to say console but then I've never really played much on the PC and was brought up with a SNES. Oh for the good old days of Donkey Kong!!
dragonkillernz

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would agree, the PC is kind of ideal for strategy...simulation can be done on consoles quite well, but RTS is quite difficult to pull off on a console, because it often involves menus, and transversing from one side of the map to the other quickly, but at the same time, being able to pinpoint and "click" on a single unit, which is hard with a control but a snap with a keyboard for the menus and a mouse for the movement.
James
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PC all the way for me at the moment. I've been brought up on PC games and so find the interface simple to use.

I've got an XBOX 360 now and am having terrible trouble playing stuff like Gears of War and Halo 3 because I can't get my head around the controller (particularly the very basic needs like movement and direction). It feels really alien but I'll keep working on it Smile
Grace

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to be a PC fan, but my new laptop runs on Vista, and I've yet to find a single game which will run properly on it. So much for compatability... I don't have the money to buy the new games for Vista and they're mostly rubbish anyway; I want the old classics back!
I've not played a single game in months - damn you, Microsoft!

James - stick with the Xbox 360. Once you get used to it it's brilliant fun, and there are great games for it too. Try Rainbow Six: Vegas.
Selik

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer consoles, but I have to admit I can't stand the X Box controllers, they do my head in... should see me trying to play on one. My nephew could beat me. Then again he has a PS2 so I suppose he'd be equally bad on an X Box.

I'll stick to my nice little slimline PS2. I know what I'm doing on that.
Tk421

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been a playstation guy for years now. Only really use the pc for games like Guild wars and Dawn of war.

Briefly considered getting a 360 then went with the PS3. And every bit happy with that decision.
Selik

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always find games for the PC a lot harder to control than on a console.
Futre4

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Console gaming is essentially created for quick fun and ease of use , its the machine for simple enthusiasts who dont want complication. Im a console man myself ( well not literally ).

http://richardpmurfin.wordpress.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Mark D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to sit on the fence on this one im afraid.

I play consoles as much as i play the PC. to be honest the consoles that are being released nowadays are near enough PC's anyway. the Xbox and the PS3 with their hard drives and that.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Futre4 wrote:
Console gaming is essentially created for quick fun and ease of use , its the machine for simple enthusiasts who dont want complication. Im a console man myself ( well not literally ).

hehe, we simple minded people can stick together then Razz
Drizzt

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, what I like about my consoles is I pick up and game, plug it in and, hey presto, it works every time!

Now pick up a game for the PC you paid ?2k for about 2 years ago and you more than likely have a morning's messing about to sort out downloading and installing patches and updates and other rubbish. Bah!!! Razz
Selik

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly!! I guess maybe i'm just lazy, but it's nice to know you can go into Gamestation and pick up a ps2 game and it'll work.
Pick up a PC game and you suddenly have to remember how much RAM you have an other stats.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    James Barclay Forum Index -> Video games and role-playing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: