James Barclay Forum Index James Barclay
Welcome to the forum for the author James Barclay.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Last Legion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    James Barclay Forum Index -> Film, Stage, TV & Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drizzt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: The Last Legion Reply with quote

Went to see this at the cinema at the weekend... still kind of undecided on it. I can't get past the idea that it looks as if half the cast are from 'Love Actually', so seeing them running about in togas with swords just seems... odd.

I enjoyed it, nice little marriage between Roman and Arthurian legend and some unintentional comedy when Colin Firth gives his rousing speech as thw Roman commander (he looks like an office manager in fancy dress giving an after-dinner speech).

Some nice scenery and cinematography... 6/10?
Selik

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: The Last Legion Reply with quote

Drizzt wrote:
and some unintentional comedy when Colin Firth gives his rousing speech as the Roman commander (he looks like an office manager in fancy dress giving an after-dinner speech).

Other than this particular scene where the speech was not very rousing at all, Colin Firth actually did pretty good, I thought. Although to be honest he did have to get bloodied and covered in mud before he was visibly believable, but other than that, it's a pretty cool movie.
Thomas Sangster is as ever very good, although he doesn't get as much screen time as he perhaps deserves.
Ben kingsley- bloody brilliant.
Wulfa_Coldheart

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed this but think it could have been a little better. I felt it was a little rushed and at just over and hour and a half it was considering the epic story line it was trying to tell.

Overall, it wasn't bad but it could have been a whole lot better.

Oh I loved the speed at which then travelled from Dover to the Harridans? Wall! Almost rivals Robin Hood's Dover to Harridans? Wall to Nottingham trip from Prince of Thieves.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    James Barclay Forum Index -> Film, Stage, TV & Music All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: