James Barclay Forum Index James Barclay
Welcome to the forum for the author James Barclay.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Harry Potter - Book 7. (Possible Spoilers)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drizzt

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: Harry Potter - Book 7. (Possible Spoilers) Reply with quote

The next, and final, Harry Potter book is eventually due out and oneof the main mysteries going into it is what the final horcrux is that'll allow Voldemort to be defeated etc.... so, what do we think it is? Harry's scar? Harry himself? All conspiracy theories welcome!
Malop

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've edited the subject to avoid any possible spoilers for people who aren't up to book 6 yet. There must be someone somewhere.
Fantasycon 2010 Nottingham (stopped over for lunch)
Fantasycon 2011 Brighton (Is that in France?)
Ry_Darrick

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still need to re-read the 6th book, I read it so quick that everything has just left my mind, and I don't remember much about there being a horcrux to defeat voldermort, all I know is that I think Snape is actually on the good side (it seemed like he was trying to teach harry something when they were duelling) and I don't know who the HBP is but I wonder whether we have even met that particular character yet.
Mantyluoto

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i haven't read any of them and i don't intend too.
Selik

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ry_Darrick wrote:
I still need to re-read the 6th book, I read it so quick that everything has just left my mind,

Ditto, an entire night of no sleep and thirteen hours later and my two mates and I had finished it. (getting thrown out of Ottakers at 1am was fun though Razz )

Snape... definately on the good side. He's seen arguing with Dumbledore earlier on, which I reckon was Dumbledore telling him he'd have to kill him and Snape not wanting to.

As for the Horcruxes, i'm not even going to bother hazarding a guess at that.
Tyrael

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ry_Darrick wrote:
I don't know who the HBP is but I wonder whether we have even met that particular character yet.

Snape is the half blood prince near the end of the book he says that he is.

I personally feel that Harry is likely a Horcrux or perhaps his scar. If you think about it throughout the whole series he has been pitched as basically the entire opposite of Voldemort!

I think that Snape will turn and give Harry the information that he needs to defeat Voldemort but not before we see a few more deaths and i think the whole thing will come down to a cataclysmic event where Harry essentially has to sacrifice himself to finally finish off Voldemort.

At the end of the day if Rowling really is intent on finishing the series with this book its going to take something really huge like that to stop rumours of more books.
Ry_Darrick

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snape is the HBP??? I thought that that was being revealed in the next book? now I'm confused, Shocked
Ry_Darrick

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, NOW i understand, what I meant was I didn't know who was RAB, not the half blood prince, its because I haven't read it in such a long time, most people seem to think its Regulus Black, but I'm not guessing....
Selik

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I missing something? I thought the HBP was Voldemort. Confused
Jen

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoilers

Nope not Voldemort it was Snape. Definitely though I can't tell you why as I read HBP when it came out and haven't touched it again since, but it was Snape and not anyone else I can remeber that much at least.

Dumbledore is must certainly dead and not coming back but I believe he had a brother - perhaps he is RAB?? I did think of Regulas but then changed my mind.

Lastly does anyone else (other than me) think that Sirius Black will come back form the Veil?
Max Power

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPOILERS

Snape's the HBP because one of his parents was a muggle - that was how he signed his name in the book that Harry used to get him through potions. I still think he will have a key role to play in it - could he and Dumbledore have staged Dumbledore's death? That's my big conspiracy theory, but I've just plucked that out of the air somehow!

So, which one of the pupils will die then? JK has intimated that there will be deaths. Do you think one of the 'big three' (Harry, Ron, Hermione) will croak?! Or maybe Neville has a role to play in it all...
Selik

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neville will definately have a bigger part to play. His skills have come a long way since his earlier school years.

And I definately think Sirius is coming back. I always have and there's nothing that anyone has ever said that's come near to changing my mind.

However I also think that Remus Lupin may die in the final book. Thinking of Voldemort's having given Wormtail a hand of silver, and Remus' being a werewolf...
Jen

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hand of Silver and Remus...NOOOOO!!!!

I thought that Dumbledore arranged his death with Snape as well. Can't quite work out why that would be of any use. Unless it was to make Voldemort think his only threat was gone.

I keep wondering if Neville and Harry got mixed up as Voldemorts biggest threat. (Remember Professor was-her-name (Trelawly?) real prediction that led to Harry's parents death and his scar)

Harry and Voldemort die together thus balancing everything once again. They have the same abilities, same wand, etc.

Oh conspiricy theories are fun!! Very Happy
Tyrael

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jen wrote:
I thought that Dumbledore arranged his death with Snape as well. Can't quite work out why that would be of any use. Unless it was to make Voldemort think his only threat was gone.

Well if you think about that logically Dumbledore has always been there for Harry for advice and a fall back if everything goes wrong. I agree that staging his death would give Voldemort the impression that a powerful enemy was gone, however it would also give Harry an even stronger will to fight and a right good kick up the arse to see things through himself.
Selik

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jen wrote:
Hand of Silver and Remus...NOOOOO!!!!

I keep wondering if Neville and Harry got mixed up as Voldemorts biggest threat. (Remember Professor was-her-name (Trelawly?) real prediction that led to Harry's parents death and his scar)

Yeeeeessssss!!!! Laughing

I think I agree with the Neville and Harry part. Neville has always appeared weak since he was a baby and Neville's family didn't exactly fair too well themselves.
Both of Harry's parents were powerful, suggesting that Harry would also become a major threat once old enough.
It would be the logical thing for Voldemort to go after Harry and push aside the idea that Neville could ever be of any threat to him.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    James Barclay Forum Index -> Books All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: