James Barclay Forum Index James Barclay
Welcome to the forum for the author James Barclay.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fantasy Con 2007
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lizzy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James wrote:
I will not be attending FantasyCon this year. I'm afraid. Family commitments have to come first and I have one that covers the entire weekend now.

Sorry folks. No doubt we'll catch up for beers and chats at other events and there's always FantasyCon 2008...

If anyone needs anything they were going to hang til FCon to ask for, sling me a PM or whatever and I'll do what I can beforehand.

James

I'm still going hopefully

Listen to Lizzy, she's always right! Laughing as said by Jovial
Parmenion

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that will teach me to go back and read t'other posts!!
James
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the other hand I should point out that the fine Mr J Abercrombie is heading up for the Saturday. I'm telling you this so you can plague him to sign all your books. And tell him I said you should too, arf arf.

Terribly decent gent he is. Not as funny as me, clearly, but an able apprentice.
Parmenion

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

{makes not to go buy some copies of his books} have to say i have 2 of his books but not read either of them yet.

If you see him tell him to pop along to my table!! Very Happy

A friend of mine is also coming (also an author) and i was going to introduce you...ah well maybe next time. Have booked in at the rutland hotel so plan to stay late and get hammered this year!! Shocked
Max Power

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, you've got a table this year, Gen? What's your hot tip for my hard earned FanCon pocket money?!
Parmenion

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hot tip......eeerrrrrr..........to be honest i have been really lazy and not even sorted my stock out yet.

I will be bringing some reasonably priced signed barclays for those who have not got them all signed.
I will have plenty of gemmells, some old eddings, a wide variety of fantasy, and will also be bringing some really good historical fiction with me. As i personally think that there is a massive cross over in the genre.
People who read fantasy often really enjoy certain historical fiction novels, eg: viking novels, Ghengis khan (barbarian invasions) etc...

will give you a run down of some of the stock pre fancon...promise
Hobbit_SFFWorld

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick message to say Hi and Thank You to all at FantasyCon, (& Thanks for the support.) It was really, really lovely to see you all.

The raffle seemed to have its usual result on the table, though there were some wins: Andy got a nice Stephen Gallagher book, Malop got a VERY nice copy of Locke Lamora and I got a couple of things too. I'm sure I must owe drinks somewhere...

I'm sure Lizzy's pleased with Mr Chadbourn's Award win: possibly as much as Mark himself? I thought it was a nice move on the part of Fantasy myself. Joe Hill's a good 'un. I was talking about him at the table before the awards. We had a sneaking suspicion he might be a GoH next year, though we did feel that you usually have to have a fair bit of work under your belt first. But you never know!

Big hi of course to Rob and Robin and the crew, too of course. Hope the sales were as successful as they deserved to be.

They are saying that numbers were around 250, especially on Sat. Less than last year but still pretty respectable.

And I think what was important was how many new people there were there. Can only be a good thing.

Mark
Lizzy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was really great seeing you too. Smile I had a good time.

I am very pleased for Mark, it's a great short story.

Be excellent if they did get Joe Hill next year. I'd do my very best to get there.

I'm still bemused by the knitted darlek though........

Listen to Lizzy, she's always right! Laughing as said by Jovial
TheJovialGnome

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was indeed good to see you again Hobbit and indeed everyone else. Laughing

I'm surprised there were as many there as that. The bar, which is usually a good indicator, didn't seem that busy.

Good news about Mr. Chadbourn and having had a day or two to think about it, I will go next year, Joe Hill or not because on balance it was a cracking weekend that I wouldn't want to miss! Very Happy
Parmenion

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had a great time, sold about 15 books but some were well over the ?100 mark so well worth running a table. Will be doing it again next year.

Was great to have Rob stand up and talk about his books..."big swrods...stabby stabby...big swords...blood...stabby...swords"...well it got the young lady in the short skirt excited...and its not often rob excites young ladies in short skirts ...LOL!!
Max Power

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pity Rob didn't mention the name of his book!!! Wink

She was very excited, wasn't she?! I'm glad I contributed to your 15 books, but my purchase definitely wasn't near the tope end of the scale! Will let you know how 'The Blade Itself' by Joe Abercrombie goes.
Tk421

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol see what happens when you let someone who hates talking in public actually give it a go!
Parmenion

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

could have been worse mate, it could have been me mumbling and going bright red in the face...i really dont do public speaking!! dont know what im not embaressed when i do it, but i still blush bright red...tis a strange thing!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    James Barclay Forum Index -> Books All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: