James Barclay Forum Index James Barclay
Welcome to the forum for the author James Barclay.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Terry Henry Gone...who'd a' thunk it?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Parmenion

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: Terry Henry Gone...who'd a' thunk it? Reply with quote

So did you see this coming? to some degree i did, with everything going off with dien and wenger not comitting long term what else could he do?

Will he be a hit in spain? i think so maybe he will finally get the european player of the year...never goes to a prem player.

Can Arse survive? will they be able to land anelka as a replacement? will they regret selling aladiliere to Boro...they are woefully short of strikers now.
Drizzt

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barcelona's fprward line for next season is just scary...

I'm surprised, Henry's just one of those players you used to look forward to watching. Awesome player and Arsenal will miss him massively in the short term...

Who do you buy to replace him?
Parmenion

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

really not sure, there is talk about anelka? trezeget was touted but he said no and he is crap anyway.

they need to buy a big proven striker...or they are screwed they need a 20+ goal a season man.
Drizzt

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard rumour up here of Michael Owen...
James
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

?16 million for a 30 year old who gets injured a lot these days is darned good business.

He's been a fantastic player for the Prem and the Arse. They'll be fine, he'll do very well in Spain and should get the red carpet treatment whenever he returns to play here in the Champs league.
squiz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasnt surprised but its sad to see him go, he was a great player to watch. But wenger does have a knack of getting rid of players when they are past their best. Not many leave arsenal to bigger and better things.
Max Power

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wenger does seem to know when to move a player on, but it's a shame as Henry on form is one of the most entertaining sights in the Premiership. Along with Ronaldo. Still, I'll try and catch a few Barca games on Sky to see how he's doing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    James Barclay Forum Index -> Sport All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: