James Barclay Forum Index James Barclay
Welcome to the forum for the author James Barclay.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

the raven tv show?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
samwinn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: the raven tv show? Reply with quote

I'd like to see The Raven in a in a cartoon format. So the young adults can see tv isn't all Disney stars and perfect lives. I don't want James to sell out like Rowling and become a total media whore but theres deffinately a market for Raven themed merch.
Mark D

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While i agree there should be a televised series, i dont think it should be in cartoon format. in my own opinion of course, i take the raven series to be an adult story and believe it would come across better with real people.

but thats just my opinion.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be good too.
Mark D

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres a post somewhere (i forget where now!) about there maybe being some kind of TV show happening. but that was a few months back and we havent heard of anything for a while. im not sure if james has?
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tragically, I've heard nothing about a TV show of The Raven. I'm working along those lines myself but I have no outside interest at present.

My fingers remain crossed...
samwinn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep us posted. The world is so unfair, crap like Eragon gets a movie and merchandise, while most of the world is unaware of James' books, which are written better, have a better storyline and are more deserving of the attention!
Drizzt

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it was done well, a Manga-style version could work... but I'd prefer live action. Very Happy
Mark D

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot about manga format actually. I took cartoon to mean...well....cartoon Smile

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do think, based on the length of the books that a TV series or mini-series would work better than a film. Films, for purposes of length have to have to make cuts. However, the budget for a Raven television series would need to be pretty epic. I imagine it now, using technology akin to 300...

I did start writing a screenplay for the Raven a few years ago. Had a pretty cool title screen which had streams of mana flying around before being formed into fireball spell (can't remember the actual spell name). The titles end as the fireball is sent out (POV style) into Taranspike Keep and flies over the castle defenders into the back wall, The scene then cuts to a close up of a sword point tapping floor...

Quote:
I don't want James to sell out like Rowling and become a total media whore but theres deffinately a market for Raven themed merch.

I disagree with that statement though! I don't think she really sold out, she has done nothing I wouldn't do given half the opportunity. Rowling is in a position that no author has been in for years if ever. She is a superstar author and is pretty low key really - only does a few select interviews and the odd reading (normally for charity) when a new book is out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    James Barclay Forum Index -> The Books All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: