James Barclay Forum Index James Barclay
Welcome to the forum for the author James Barclay.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bolton 1 - 3 Arsenal

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drizzt

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:40 pm    Post subject: Bolton 1 - 3 Arsenal Reply with quote

What a brilliant game!! It's been sooo long since we had a decent match like this on the telly.
Parmenion

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you believe the misses though? 2 peno's and adybyor hitting the post.

Great game and really big sam should stop bragging about the fact that he knows how to beat arsenal. i know they often do, but it really throws egg on his face when they get beat in return
AshleyBoy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahybyor (i'm sure thats spelt wrong) isn't going to get his place if he carries on like that...

how many screwups can one man make.... He's a ball hog too..... That last goal would have been missed if the other guy didnt take it from adybyors feet
Drizzt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adebayor had an excellent game!! That miss aside, he was fantastic..!! Shocked
Parmenion

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ashley who were you watching adybyor had a really good game, he is one of the top scoring (per game average) players in the squad he is the new Kanu, and damn skillfull.

Adadiliair (sp) really though for me is the most improved player over the last year, his loan out to other clubs has toughened him and made him a more rounded player...
Saxx

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spellings: Adebayor and Aliadiere.

Fantastic game. I have one problem. JULIO BAPTISTA. This guy does not deserve to wear the Arsenal shirt. He is terrible. He has no skill, no shot, no pass, no awareness and no power. Hopefully, he will be going back to Real in the summer. I can't believe he has a nickname like the beast.

I thought Rosicky and Hleb were fantastic, Arsenal lost some of their fluency when they went off. Diaby was solid in the middle, loads of energy and stamina. And Denilson was hot too, some lovely touches on the ball, showed good tenacity to win the ball back aswel. Played the whole game and lasted well, considering he has never done 120 minutes before.

Clichy was his usual marauding self. Djourou, Toure and Silva were pretty solid. Adebayor done pretty well, he missed some chances but he did a lot more for the team than say "The Beast".

All in all, a good win for the boys. Should have been dead and buried in 90 minutes. But it was a good win nonetheless.
Drizzt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baptista could be very good. He was awesome for Sevilla... just hasn't found his feet yet. Bergkamp took forever to get going too, don't forget.
AshleyBoy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my appologies..... erm.... in fairness: i am a shrewsbury supporter
Parmenion

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah well then as a supporter like me of a......... skill impaired team then you should be able to appreciate the game as the gooners play it...even if you would rather be burned alive than actually be a supporter.
Drizzt

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I'm a Sunderland, but I could do little in the first half beyond sit and drool. Had sooo much else to do at the time, it was painful walking away at times...
Ry_Darrick

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a massive fan of Baptista, he is brilliant, a really fantastic player with skill and he's huge! He's exactly who Arsenal need and if we sign him permanently he will be awesome, he has simply spent too long in madrid....
Saxx

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose he may be a useful squad player, backup for the first team but he's never going to be more than a rotation player. Only in a serious injury crisis could I see him playing regular.

He's not as good as Henry, Van Persie and Adebayor up front, and he's not as good as Silva and Fabregas in the middle of the park. And with Diaby and Denilson impressing and knocking on the door, i can't see him getting many games.

And if its true about Torres and Eto'o both admiring Arsenal and Wenger. I'd much prefer him to go back to Real, get about 10 or 15mil for Reyes and put that toward one of those two.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    James Barclay Forum Index -> Sport All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: