James Barclay Forum Index James Barclay
Welcome to the forum for the author James Barclay.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

England 0 - 1 Spain
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mantyluoto

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats rather racist General P
Parmenion

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no its not...im white i cant jump...i have met loads on white fellas and none of them can jump... when you compare any white fella against a black fella for jumping ability (thats up wards not long jump) we lose all the time.

Why: I did see a program a while back and its something to do with muscle genetics, its why white boys find it much harder to get that body building ripped muscle tone.

So factual not racist Very Happy
Futre4

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didnt see the match , I cant get access being in the wrong timezone. Doesnt look like I missed much. From what I can see MClaren is so keen to be seen to be making dramatic decisions and radical changes he seems to have kinda missed the point. Playing too many new players , too many players out of position and playing random formations too often is overkill, and proves nor indeed achieves nothing as players arent able to relax and nothing can be gauged from a debacle. On the other hand he has to have time to experiment, time which it is apparent managers dont get nowadays, hence why I think he is doing alot of radical things.
Calling up young goalies the one decision I do agree with however given that If Robinson got too old lost form or had a bad injury no keeper in the league is really suitable to take his place long term. Speaking as a big Nigel Martyn fan I know how being ill prepared for national games can mess keepers up. Although I am a big fan of Robinson , there should always be a goalie to bring into the fray that isnt entirely green (not robert green Wink ) . Going back to the manager though , i doubt he will get chance to see the fruits of his blooding the players, which is a shame because if a younger player does develop under him , then the following manager will get all the praise and indeed all the benefits.
Dont get me started on Peter crouch , I never saw him play against Spain , but I have been calling for his removal from the england team for a long time. People seem to think moving to Liverpool deserves an England place???, the same happened with Heskey?. Both are the most unprolific strikers to grace Anfield, except maybe Sean Dundee.
I am keen to find out if there was ANY positive points from those of youwho watched the match. And indeed who the england strike force should be ?. (that includes ppl out injured) . Oh yes and it doesnt surprise me to learn that Dyer had a poor game, he always looks awstruck at international level = a-la andy cole style (scared to death) .

http://richardpmurfin.wordpress.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Saxx

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was never a fan of Crouch but he has grown on me, i was just checking his stats 6 goals and 5 assists in 14 starts. So thats a decent stat.

The new players done ok, foster was steady in goal. Woodgate done his job. Dyer looked lively. Don't forget it was an unfamiliar formation to play in for Dyer, and he was trying to act as a second striker playing off Crouch, and get up and down the left, when Lampard drifted in.

To be honest, i would have gone with Downing on the left, Lampard and Gerrard in the centre and Dyer down the right. Crouch and Defoe up front.
Max Power

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As usual, a poor, dull performance. I was never keen on McClaren getting the job and have to blame him, although some of the players were poor (Crouch, but the ref gave him nothing; SWP who just doesn't seem to have the quality to hold down an England spot).

I had to laugh when I heard that Gary Neville has blasted the 'boo boys' at the end of the game. Fans at that game deserved to let the players know how poor that performance was. Why don't they play a little more like a Premiership team - pace, power, hard tackles?
Grace

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Those last few posts were the funniest thing I've read all day! Football in the snow, lucky me!
Farseer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crouch is simply a poor player who is well out of his depth at international level. Dyer to be fair was out of position and SWP can hardly be expected to shine at international level if he hardly ever plays a game for his club. The formation for me was terrible. If you play a lone striker you need someone like Drogba who has more or less everything, not Crouch who has no pace and no power. As for who i would play as the front two, it's hard to say. Rooney is the obvious choice, who despite his two dips in form has shown his class several times this season. Up with him it's insane to say but it's Michael Owen, who even though hes been injured for what seems like years, is still better than the others. Johnson started the season well but has fizzled out, so the only other alternative is Darren Bent who deserves a cap or two to be fair. Jermaine Defoe is only good enough for the bench and as mentioned before Crouch is a waste of space. Bring back Alan Shearer i say, him and Rooney whould be an amazing partnership.
As for black men out jumping white men, it's because they have more fast twitch muscle fibers than caucasian men, which lets them run faster and jump higher.
Futre4

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes its not a racist thing at all I dont think , white people can swim better, black people can run faster its not a slight on either.
Crouch is one of those players who on paper seems like a good idea for me , a big man to knock the balls down for the little striker or to get towering headers in the box, but he doesnt jump well for a big man , he is also too gangly and we dont play the kind of football that would benenfit him ( at least I hope we dont, long ball would be ideal for a two dimensional strike force) , If he played for nation that had few ideas and little creativity then he would get 120 caps and 5o goals , I would just like the think that doesnt describe us. For me he is a poor mans Jan Koller.
Im glad Woodgate played well ( or so I heard) , I rate him when hes fit. Dyer im not so sure about , he seems scared on the big occassions , but flourishes in the little matches a trait that has annoyed my with many players in the past. The strike force is a tricky one, I would try and play Rooney behind a front two , but admittedly that means losing a midfield player.
I really think Defoe has never had a real chance, I cant remember the last time I watched an England game where he started and got 90 minutes and whenever he does get a chance its always in a poor match. Johnson has the lot when he is playing well , but again he is out of form. I guess Mclarens job is harder at the moment than Svens was, im not defending him but Sven had a very good squad looking back. Indeed I dont like to sound like every other pundit , but I think we had our best shot at glory quite recently and have blown it for a good few years.
Ahh Alan shearer , what a star, I think the only answer is to wait outside his house and as he walks by grab some of his hair and swab his skin and start on a clone , who is with me ??, I think i will head back to Newcastle now, and within 17-18 years of devotion and training once again we can claim to have an alround goalscorer.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
dragonkillernz

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you lose every time, General, but you forget you're a little old Razz

I've seen plenty of white guys who can jump better than the average black guy. You can't just look at someone and say "He's white, he won't be able to jump" because it's simply not true. While different ethnic groups do have different physiologies, it doesn't mean to say that you can generalise people. Some white people are excellent jumpers, some black people are poor jumpers.
Farseer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is just a general thing about the jumping, as there is a lot of other things that affect jumping ability like trainig and such, but the fast twitch fibre thing is a scientific fact which is why black guys tend to dominate the nba and sprinting. on topic i think that mclaren should give defoe, johnson and bent more game time to see who would best partner rooney.
Lizzy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sticking to topic sounds a good plan to me...

Listen to Lizzy, she's always right! Laughing as said by Jovial
Futre4

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject: Call up nugent at senior level before ireland do .... Reply with quote

Yes I think finding Rooney a partner is paramount . In all I think Johnson is the most all round striker , but if he (MClaren) plans to make a partnership of it then maybe he could look to the real finishers , Bent and Defoe are good examples . Ideally it would be Rooney and Owen but ( as I have mentioned ) I dont feel he is any longer englands striking solution. So its open to fate as to who pops up as the next big hope for england personally I am a big fan of David Nugent as to whether he will be an England star Im not sure.

Parmenion

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the look of Leroy Lita as well, fast, confident, good in the air and looks to be a natural predator, we have not had one of them for a while
Post new topic   Reply to topic    James Barclay Forum Index -> Sport All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: