James Barclay Forum Index James Barclay
Welcome to the forum for the author James Barclay.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Final Fantasy XII
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    James Barclay Forum Index -> Video games and role-playing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saxx

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Final Fantasy XII Reply with quote

Anyone looking forward to the next Final Fantasy, its out at the end of the month, looks amazing.

Also I just had FFIII for the DS, pretty good so far!
Drizzt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't seen too much of this one, but I doubt it'll compare to FFVII. Probably the best console game ever.
Saxx

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VII was good but IX is my favourite, by far.
dragonkillernz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VII is my favourite. Changed the world, that game.
Saxx

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goto IGN and have a look at XII, looks awesome. The reviews its been getting, have been outstanding.

I was never really fused on VIII, myself. And X! Its always been IX and VII for me!
Drizzt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll never forget that wonderful feeling of FINALLY defeating Sephiroth. Twas a good day!
dragonkillernz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked VIII but I didn't really think it was much compared to VII. IX was pretty good as well, I really enjoyed that but I never got to finish it, as it froze on me and yeah, now it's 2007 Razz.
Saxx

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The One Winged Angel battle theme, beautiful music!
Mark D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats strange, i havent heard anything of FFXII yet..and i have to agree, FFVII was the best...but i think FFX was even better. i'll check out FFXII though.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FFVII was amazing. by far the best. FFX for me was good but was the weakest of the recent FF games. I really enjoyed VIII. Not sure why everyone grumbles about it. FF6 deserves more praise as it was outstanding. 4 and 5 were pretty great too
Saxx

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in GAME today and they had the game running on one of the screens. Opening sequence looks immense.
Silent Dreamer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own every Final Fantasy game (Except FFX1 the online one which kinda defied the entire point of every other FF game) for the PS1 and PS2.

FF1-6 is with the basic graphics, can provide mild amusement but frustrating at time. Still good though.

FF7... Well, still one of my favourites. The story lines is so deep it draws you in, I actually got a personal feel and touch to the characters and how it all un-raveled as you went through. Could never decide on a favourite character in that game.

FF8 - Okay, not as good as FF7 but I still enjoyed it. Storyline became obvious when you hit half way through the game, characters haven't got much of a background but in my opinion its good to sometimes just have regular people getting caught up in all this destiny and fate thing ^_^;;
Favourite character has to be Selphie Tilmitt by far, mainly because her magic abilities and one of her specials that heals every character for full hp and removes all negative status effects, handy for boss fights. Also that she's completely insane at times, hehe.

FF9 - Bit of a change from how most of the other FF games went. You had a weird mixture of races... Like talking hippo's with huge cheesey grins. The game itself had a bit of a cartoony look to it, especially how the graphics went. Storyline though, well I enjoyed it. Bit simple during the first parts of the game but it turns into something deeper as you go through. Favourite character has to be Vivi. Innocent ickle black mage pondering his existance but given the right equipment and skills he can obliterate anything!

FF10 - Damn awesome! Big step with the graphics (Kinda obvious being its the first FF on the PS2) Quite a nice storyline to it and having actual voices steps up the personal attachment to the game and its characters by ALOT! Sphere grid system was fun to play around with. Favourite character. Toss up between Auron and Yuna. Auron for the fact he was just... Dare I say it, badass! And Yuna for some of the healing/Aeon abilities she had, and she was pretty cute ^_^;;

FF11 - Given the chance and a nuclear bomb, can only imagine what I'd do to that game.

FF12 - Currently still playing that. With my un-healthy obsession playing Eve-Online and working I don't get alot of time to relax with FF12. But so far I'm really enjoying the game, I especially love the Quickening graphic effects. Not yet got a favourite character.
Futre4

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only ever played 7 and half of 8 . 7 had a real effect on my it was pure class, It stands out for me as the best rpg ever made. I am tempted to get one for the ps3 but in essence they take over yor life for as long as it takes to finish them , I can still remember my mother berating me because i was up till 4am chipping away at random monsters attempting to up my levels!. Very Happy .

Incidentally talking of classic games can anyone tell me if the old ultima games are available anywhere??.

http://richardpmurfin.wordpress.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Loony BoB

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, I admin one of (if not the) largest FF fansites, and I suppose that's not so much a coincidence when you think about the books. I always told my girlfriend (who is now very much into Dawnthief, and I have all the other books too so she'll eventually read them all, I'm sure) that The Raven books are like "Final Fantasy stories, written." I think it's very true, and yet another reason why a Raven game series or movie would be fantastic. Alas, we can only dream for the time being, but I hold a lot of hope for an eventual release on the screen in one form or another!

Personally, I love all FF games however I never tend to finish them as I don't enjoy them for the endings - because then the game is over. Wink FFVII is, to me, the greatest video game in history. The others are all good in their own ways, although I've not touched X-2 or XI.
Futre4

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey if i buy final fantasy the ps2 version will it work on my ps3?

http://richardpmurfin.wordpress.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    James Barclay Forum Index -> Video games and role-playing All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: