James Barclay Forum Index James Barclay
Welcome to the forum for the author James Barclay.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stop the Spending ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Futre4

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, I think Platinis directives are at least attempting to bring a little fairness back into the game, I for one am happy to see england/Italy/Spain/Germany lose a euro place in order to open up the games to teams who wouldnt normally get the chance. And idea of six home homegrowns ( in theory of course) is an effort to give youth players a chance - a-la Arsenal style.
Yes I meant good lawyers with a pinch of salt, more like magicians who can create a european document from thin air.
Lastly I remember Lazio being 70 million in debt then spending 30 million ( the season they bought mendietta ) how are clubs able to keep digging into debts like that ?, it gets me angry when Leeds are floundering because of similar debt.

http://richardpmurfin.wordpress.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Drizzt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favourite was Real Madrid being in terrible financial trouble, selling their training ground to the 'local authorities' for a ridiculous fee, before being given special dispensation to use the training ground anyway...
Max Power

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clubs can fudge the books if necessary. Leeds have a very good training ground at Thorp Arch, but it doesn't appear on their books, or I guess it would have been sold off for now.

As an aside, I saw Ken Bates meeting my director a few weeks ago. He is a funny looking, scruffy man who looks like Santa's evil twin!!!
Futre4

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can say with all honesty I dont hate anyone EXCEPT Ken Bates , he is an arrogant heartless swine who could argue black was white , indeed I have heard commentators say the most obvious things and he still tries to contradict them .
He looks evil he sounds evil , and when Mathew Harding died in the helicopter incident he had no remorse or indeed consoling words what so ever.

I wish leeds would do something tho ( getting back to football Wink ) as I have never seen a side fall as far from Grace, ...hmm maybe notts forest did. It is the Yorkshire curse of the Big time......Shef Wed riding high , think they have a bit of cash - spend it badly then plumit down and down . The same happened to Barnsley they reached the heights then plumetted . Leeds have followed ( all went down 2 divisions and took ages to recover , Bradford suffered from their forage into the bigtime also. If there are any Sheff utd fans out there beware of the curse!!! Twisted Evil .

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Parmenion

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL ...Notts forest...LOL there is only 1 bigger insult to a forest fan than calling them Notts Forest and thats a deby fan...its llways Nottingham Forest mate they hate it being shortened...something to do with Notts county!! LOL!!
Futre4

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I lived In Nottingham for 2 years, they are quite sensitive about their team , tried not to insult too many fans , but then I stayed away from them in general they are an embittered bunch Wink .

Post new topic   Reply to topic    James Barclay Forum Index -> Sport All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: