James Barclay Forum Index James Barclay
Welcome to the forum for the author James Barclay.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jermaine Pennant
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Farseer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is a fool though
Futre4

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes he has come on in temperament, If he is reformed then good on him , at least he has time to change in peoples eyes , what gets me angry is when some loser in the pub is like " zidane what a loser" , this is all because his last action was idiotic , despite the fact he has 15 years of responsible and exceptional footy behind him. If Zidane had butted someone at 21 then it would all be forgotten by now. I think its a shame if players or indeed managers are remembered for there last actions or indeed a poor spell which they manage to overcome. My point is heightened by managers , who in england has a good word to say about hoddle after his antics at international level and his comments etc, people forget he could thread the ball through the eye of the needle. I like this forum because it doesnt do anything of the above by the way.

http://richardpmurfin.wordpress.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Drizzt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zidane was sent off many, many times. Trust me, that last incident with Materazzi, aside from being insane and ill-timed, wasn't isolated.
Farseer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

he even gets sent off in that documentary film about him.
Max Power

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zidane, apart from being supremely gifted, could put his weight about, and it's right that he has a realtively poor disciplinary record. Happens with some great players though - Bergkamp can be as dirty as the best of them, Shearer had his moments, and as for Maradona...
Futre4

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed Zidane had been in trouble but i make a concerted effort to remember the legend and the player he was, even Maradona and his hand of God incident doesnt detract from him in my opinion being the greatest player ever.....Apart Tore Andre Flo of course.....gunning for the championship defences ... beware everyone.

http://richardpmurfin.wordpress.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Saxx

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the doc about Zidane a couple of days ago, should be here tomorrow hopefully!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    James Barclay Forum Index -> Sport All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: