James Barclay Forum Index James Barclay
Welcome to the forum for the author James Barclay.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Brian Ruckley

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Parmenion

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: Brian Ruckley Reply with quote

Winter birth:

Ok i mentioned this book in the currently reading a little while ago, i have recently completed a small interview with brian so thought id post a link to it see what you guys think!

http://parmenion-books.co.uk/view_doc.php?view_doc=30&PHPSESSID=9115c8bb8d3075cac8864f37dda85f12

Synopsis:
It is a world of ice. It is a world of blood. It is a godless world.

An uneasy truce exists between the Thanes of the True Bloods.

Now, as another winter approaches, the armies of the Black Road march south, from their exile beyond the Vale of Stones. For some, war will bring a swift and violent death. Others will not hear the clash of swords or see the corpses strewn over the fields. They instead will see an opportunity to advance their own ambitions. But all, soon, will fall under the shadow that is descending.

For, while the storm of battle rages, one man is following a path that will awaken a terrible power in him ? and his legacy will be written in blood.
Drizzt

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two chapters in. Slow starting! Once I've finished 'Blood Tears' I'll be flying through it as once the initial setting up is done this is meant to be very good.
Parmenion

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much as per my review mate: there is soo much scene setting at first it does really slow the start of the book, but its well worth the effort.
Deornoth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Winterbirth' is a great read but you have to be prepared to go through a lot of scene setting first. I like books with elves in them but I like it more when the author sets out to do something original with them, Brian gets it spot on here Very Happy

Does exactly what it says on the tin!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    James Barclay Forum Index -> Books All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: