James Barclay Forum Index James Barclay
Welcome to the forum for the author James Barclay.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guild Wars Nightfall

Post new topic   Reply to topic    James Barclay Forum Index -> Video games and role-playing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tyrael

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject: Guild Wars Nightfall Reply with quote

I dont know if there are any other Guild Wars players out there active on the forums but i personally am starting to get really excited about the latest installment due out on the 27th.

If you havent seen or heard of Guild Wars before its a mmorpg without any subcription fee im not very good at selling stuff so it might be best for those interested to check out the official website

www.guildwars.com
Tk421

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's one guild wars player right here. Hopefully soon I'll have a fair bit more time to actually play again as well.

Who are you on there Tyrael?
Tyrael

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quite a few names tk Very Happy

my main account i either play Tyrael Godblade (monk) Zarail Koran (Ranger) Simeon de Burcey (Mesmer) Caleb Shanis (Necromancer) or Aradan the Grey (Elementalist) Smile

if im on my secondary account its usually my warrior Dante Stonehart.

tbh 90% of the time ull see me on as my monk, alot of people rely on my healing skills Very Happy

how long have you been playing?
Tk421

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it wasn't too long after prophecies was released when I started playing. Dk on here had raved about it and I got curious and went out to get it.

Reminds me I have a minature temple guardian to play with as well.

how about you?
Tyrael

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ermmm ive got a kuunavang from CE factions, a jade armor and a whiptail devourer hehe

Will have CE nightfall dropping through the post in 5 days for both myself and my partner Very Happy She plays more than i do at the moment lol
Tk421

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol you're fortunate there then. my now ex pretty much stopped my game time. Not in an under the thumb way, just the wanting to spend time with her way. Think I may hold off buying nightfall for a short while at the moment. There's a few important things to finish here so the fewer distractions I have, the better.
James
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know enough about Nightfall to buy it yet. Loved the original and still log in most days. As for Fations, I rarely touch it. So, unless Nightfall offers something truly different and amazing, I will hang on to my cash and buy nappies with it instead come January... Rolling Eyes
Tyrael

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well from the time i spent playing the preview event and the many articles i have read it does seem that nightfall is kinda going back to a more 'prophecies' style. Factions was really heavily pvp and it just seemed to me that they just threw in the pve missions to keep the adventurers happy. Nightfall is promising alot more for those who arent really heavily into competitive play so fingers crossed it will avoid being a bit of a dissapointment like factions.
Panther

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Night elves mean you should get WoW

Smaller pic now so might load better
Mark D

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play World of Warcraft a lot, used to play Guild Wars all the time, an di agree with JAmes that the originial is the best. factions got boring fast.
Beefeater

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still an excellent series that remains more accessible to the casual player than any other online RPGs I have yet played.

Then again I liked factions, if only for the East Asian setting.
Tk421

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone started on the new expansion "Eye of the north" yet?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    James Barclay Forum Index -> Video games and role-playing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: