James Barclay Forum Index James Barclay
Welcome to the forum for the author James Barclay.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

implied love?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    James Barclay Forum Index -> Writing The Raven
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ilkarelvenmage

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:11 am    Post subject: implied love? Reply with quote

I saw a fanart of my friend where she made Hirad x Ilkar pairing slash. In Demonstorm there was mention of his love for the elf mage. It's kind of sweet to think of them in that manner, esp the scene when they were on the ship together. Laughing Hope nobody gets offended
James
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They do love each other. They bicker like an old married couple. But it is 100 percent platonic. This is what happens (I think) when people are together for a long time in each other's pockets and regularly save each other's lives.

I don't want to see the fanart... I might get cross Smile
Ilkarelvenmage

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:01 am    Post subject: hehe Reply with quote

Ohhh! lols that's so sweet. Yea i know u may not want to see the fanart. It shows them both as so Sexy!
thank u for this reply, I am now facing a big problem because the boss is unreasonable. He said i should resign, but if i do, i have to pay. I hope it can be solved. Sad
Ilkarelvenmage

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: fanart Reply with quote

http://gasara.deviantart.com/#/d3eyxyc
It's a perfect picture of Hirad x Ilkar together! Lols Very Happy
Gasara

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goodness. I am really quite upset to think that my artwork might have offended anyone or, indeed, made them cross.

If you've seen the picture you'll know that there is nothing remotely inappropriate or unsavoury about it and merely depicts a scene no more intimate than anything described in the books. I love these characters, their relationship, and the drawing was just my way of expressing that so I apologise if it somehow offended anyone.

And I know that this is a somewhat late reply but I only just stumbled across this thread.
Ilkarelvenmage

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: wow! Reply with quote

Hello Gasara,
how did u come across this thread? You're here!
No I don't think anyone got offended, I just came here to share it with James. actually I got curious if I had missed anything in the books when I saw your art. He made a Very Happy face so he is not really cross.
everyone here is nice.
daysierose

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing makes my heart happier than the mental picture of Hirad holding Ilkar over the side of the ship while Ilkar pukes, bidding people a cheerful good morning as they pass.

Eh, alas, platonic. Hirad, regardless of his lack of romantic partners, made it pretty clear in Dawntheif that he was down to impress females. And we all know Ilkar had no trouble finding female lovers. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    James Barclay Forum Index -> Writing The Raven All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: