James Barclay Forum Index James Barclay
Welcome to the forum for the author James Barclay.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just finished Ravensoul

View previous topic :: View next topic  
popec

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: Just finished Ravensoul Reply with quote

I will stop crying eventually won't I?! Crying or Very sad
Ilkarelvenmage

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: hi popec Reply with quote

Hello Popec,
you're a new member. i'm quite new too.
I felt that Elfsorrow was the most tragic (hence my nickname) and the next 2 were. In a way Ravensoul made it so they would all be destined to be together. Heart tugging i know Crying or Very sad
Oh yea, I noticed that Ren'erei was killed off but she wasn't with the group. what happened? Didn't she go to the afterlife too? I counted most of them there, even Darrick but she wasn't. O.oo
Lizzy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome to the forum. I've re read nearly all James' books but not that one yet as it is so emotional....

It's a very good ending though in my opnion.

Listen to Lizzy, she's always right! Laughing as said by Jovial
mads*

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i literally looked to see if a forum like this existed when i finished chapter 35 of ravensoul yesterday, just to see if anyone else bawled their eyes out like i did. that and the latter half of chapter 34 were so well written and just....devastatinggggggggg D: i know because of all the dimensions Sol's not quite gone, but still. so so saaad. not quite finished the rest of it yet but been glued to it since. loved the whole series since my boyfriend suggested dawnthief, have had to borrow them aall :)
@Ilkarelvenmage, i cried loads when Ilkar died but not quite as much as Sol :p plus i think Ren did come back, but i think died in the same fight against the Garonin as Erienne? read that bit a while ago now so i can't be sure..
Ilkarelvenmage

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:47 am    Post subject: yo mads Reply with quote

A new reply always excites me!! I cannot accept the tragedy. Yea poor Sol, he had to give up his family, it's like they ought to be together. His son is awesome. I just want to collect Dawnthief.
Want to read my fanfiction? I fantasize about Ilkar Smile))
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6042326/1/Saving-Ilkar
I think he's the best! Beside Drizzt in my heart!
Shriker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was sadder at the end of Demonstorm to be honest, because of Hirad and Erienne Sad but I has sort of happy at the end of Ravensoul because almost all of them got to be together between the dimensions forever defending their loved ones against the Garonin.

Been a while since I read them, who wasn't with them in the end? I remember Denser stayed behind, who else wasn't with them?

Also, what is a good place for Raven fan fiction? Especially interested in any stories about the new dimension and if the dragons found a home, and any about Denser while he stays behind Smile
wigwam

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. Demonstorm was much sadder for me that Ravensoul
Ilkarelvenmage

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: yup Reply with quote

yo did anyone notice that Ren erei was resurrected at beginning of Ravensoul but later when they died 'again' she was gone?!! I've just read it twice but that's what i notice... and i think another minor cast. Deliberate?
At the finale, I'm glad I'm the hero -) though it was odd the symbolism of spirits bridging the dimensions for the mortals to go home.. Surprised Actually Elfsorrow and demonstorm together was more tragic.

To Shriker, yes u can go to fanfiction.net i've fanfics of the elves though not Hirad, and a few like gasara who pairs denser x ilkar haha
Post new topic   Reply to topic    James Barclay Forum Index -> The Books All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: