James Barclay Forum Index James Barclay
Welcome to the forum for the author James Barclay.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Ascendants of Estorea : The Official Website

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ry_Darrick

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject: The Ascendants of Estorea : The Official Website Reply with quote

As most people who visit the forum know I am the webmaster for the official Ascendants of Estorea website.

With the new book just round the corner, I've been desperately trying to get as many character descriptions written as possible. Most of the descriptions so far are simple facts and direct quotes from the book, this is not really the effect I was hoping for. I am trying to write some detailed descriptions of the characters much like those that James himself has written for The Raven Gazetteer

I am in the middle of trying to put the map onto the main site, but I am having some difficulties, so please bear with me.

This thread is for discussion of the main site, suggestions and feedback would be great, but also if anyone wants to help out with writing a description it would be a huge favour, if you feel that you can write a short paragraph about a particular character, I would be very grateful.

The Ascendants of Estorea Official Website

Enjoy!
stillbatt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killing a character is never easy. If I found it a simple thing to decide and write then it would mean to me that it was a gratuitous act and not one driven by the story.
James
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spot on. It's a basic mistake many authors make - a death has to be credible within the story and never used as a pure plot device.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    James Barclay Forum Index -> The Books All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: