James Barclay Forum Index James Barclay
Welcome to the forum for the author James Barclay.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

World 20/20

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Max Power

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:52 am    Post subject: World 20/20 Reply with quote

Wow, what a start to the tournament! I didn't catch the game, but flicked on to the news at 10 and watched in disbelief at England losing to The Netherlands. Whilst I'm obviously a little disappointed that england lost (not a huge cricket fan), I love seeing the genuine excitement when an underdog beats a world heavyweight.

On the flip side, if England don't beat Pakistan, they're out of their home tournament. Once again, English sporting prowess is shown to be, well, somewhat pathetic! Australia must be laughing into their Foster's...
James
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we did beat Pakistan so, phew! just shows you can't be cocky against a 'lesser' team like Holland. Very competent they are and actually, if Pakistan and Holland play the same as they did in their first games, Pakistan will be going home...

Oh, and one other thing. Pakistan lost to Ireland in the 20/20 world cup last time around. And then ended up in the final. Proves it's good to get your wobble out of the way early on.

Great tournament so far. South Africa look awesome. West Indies too. And can Sri Lanka dump the Aussies out?
Thraun

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

James wrote:
And can Sri Lanka dump the Aussies out?

Yes. And I laughed watching them do it as well Laughing

This tournement is shaping up to be absolutely brilliant - I love watching this form of the game, especially when the players are of this class - you'll never get a boring game, or one that could have the outcome predicted before the match 100% of the time.
Max Power

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a great form of the game, but having watched England's innings against the Windies tonight we are short of big match players. Pieterson and Bopara seem to have 'it', Collingwood and Shah are good 'steady' players, but we need someone life Afreidi, Gayle, half the South African team etc to complement the big hitters. Yet another sport where we seem doomed for middle of the road mediocrity.
Huntel

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I also watch this game. My favorite team is Australia. Thanks to a very nice post. I love cricket game that's why i like this post.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    James Barclay Forum Index -> Sport All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: