James Barclay Forum Index James Barclay
Welcome to the forum for the author James Barclay.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Elves: Rise of the TaiGethen

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Malop

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Elves: Rise of the TaiGethen Reply with quote

Got my "you've bought James Barclay books in the past" preorder link for Rise today so clicked the link.

They're saying released on the 16th

Decided to buy the kindle edition and wait to buy the hardback until I have James in front of me to sign it
Fantasycon 2010 Nottingham (stopped over for lunch)
Fantasycon 2011 Brighton (Is that in France?)
ariaelwen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's also been released early by Water stones. They started stacking it last Tuesday (I know because I sat waiting for a train up in the Birmingham bullring store and speed read). No spoliers will come from my lips or fingers however until after I get my pre order copy in my hands this week, but
I've got to say: it's fantastic, and really nice to see how the characters have changed and developed since the last book. The only slight spoiler is that I'm currently rereading Nightchild, and if I'm reading things right it's nice to see the links. Wink
Thraun

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got mine last week, took me all of two days to read it - I just couldn't put it down!

James, what can I say, fantastic book and a great insight into the problems the Elves faced many moons before The Raven ever existed. I want to put more, but I just don't want to spoil anything until more people have had chance to read it.

I can't wait until the third installment, so you better get cracking!!
James
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Thraun, how lovely to hear from you. I trust all is well.

Really happy you enjoyed the book. And I promise I am cracking on with the third installment where, at long, long last, I can confirm that you will see the Senserii fighting. Oh, yes.

Don't be a stranger, now.
Thraun

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James wrote:
I can confirm that you will see the Senserii fighting. Oh, yes

Goosebumps. Nothing else to say bout that Laughing

James wrote:
Don't be a stranger, now

Will try - been busier than ever in the last few months though!
Shriker

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I walked into the library on Saturday before boarding a train for a long journey. I wasn't even looking for it but Elves: Rise of the Tai'gethen appeared before me. I was stunned, I had honestly forgotten that it was out. I stood there with this huge grin on my face. I looked an idiot Razz

Anyway, it's now 4 days later and guess what? I've finished it! I litrally couldn't put it down, was almost late for work several times and I'm lacking in sleep.

It was a fantastic book from start to finish and didn't disappoint in the slightest. Like everyone else I want to say so much more but don't want to put up spoilers.

If anyone hasn't read it yet, this is a must. As soon as i have the spare cash I will be adding it to my collection.
Loony BoB

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had this in early as I pre-ordered it but with loads going on in life lately (and I must concede many video games I was interested in coming out in the first few months of 2012!) it sat on top of Once Walked With Gods up until about a week ago.

Once I picked it up to allow myself to relax after a very stressful week, I was hooked after one chapter and barely put it down. Finally finished (I have always been a slow reader), and I loved it. Thanks, James, you're genuinely the only author I read books from these days! I should probably change that at some point... I used to read so much more! But a big thanks again and as ever, I can't wait to read more. Very Happy

Also, someday you should scan some of your notes around the place so we can get a glimpse into how this whole idea/universe started off in your head. Smile
Lizzy

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can only agree with all the other reviews on here. Great fast paced action adventure. Brilliant fight sequences, especially Auum's market scene. Takaar is genius; complicated mad brilliance and totally captivating when he's on a page.

Very Happy

Listen to Lizzy, she's always right! Laughing as said by Jovial
Post new topic   Reply to topic    James Barclay Forum Index -> The Books All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: