James Barclay Forum Index James Barclay
Welcome to the forum for the author James Barclay.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nightchild - Green Cover?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dazzab40

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Nightchild - Green Cover? Reply with quote

HI all

First post so apologies if this has been asked before (i'd be surprised if it hasn't!).

I have purchased James Barclays books as soon as they have come out since I first discovered Dawnthied, and as such had bought the original green cover version of Nigthchild.

I recently went away for a weekend (stag do to Malaga, which was fantastic thanks Smile) however when I came back my wife had some bad news for me, in that my loveley rescue dog had decided to eat my copy.

No problem I said as I can just get another copy, much to my wife's relief (and the dogs!).

Yet when I look on Amazon, E-bay, Abebooks etc. the only version I can find is a yellow covered version, yet in my original version it was green, and Elfsorrow was the yellow edition.

Can anyone shed any light on the change of colour for these versions, as I don't want a yellow copy of Nightchild and a yellow copy of Elfsorrow?

As stated above, apologies if this has been asked numerous times but if anyone can shed any ight it would be appreciated, espeically if you can advise where I can find the green one!

Cheers
James
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi dazzab, welcome to the forums. I'll look into this for you and get back to you. If memory serves, Elfsorrow did begin life as a green cover but that meant we had two green covered books in the series so it was changed to yellow on reprint. I could have that totally arse about face, though.

Are you anti the yellow cover? Or would you just prefer to replace with a green cover? I should also mention that all the covers have been changed since this style came out and indeed are about to change again to something utterly awesome.
Ilkarelvenmage

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello dazzab,
Where I am, Elfsorrow is yellow for the smaller edition. Rather cheery color for the sad theme. Maybe for different countries it's not the same? I like blue most for Noonshade Smile) What kind of dogs? that's awesome that you adopted them! Laughing
To James: Will the covers change to having the characters in front? Like featuring all the hot guys? Mr. Green The elves have dark hair according to description, so it was strange to me when i saw the cover art for OWWG(white hair) and Rise of the Taigethen-orange hair.
dazzab40

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi James

Thanks for the response, and it's great from a fan perspective to get a chance to talk to the author, major kudos to you.

With regards to the cover colour, I purchased the green cover of Nightchild, and then Elfsorrow was bought in yellow, so if I bought a new copy of Nightchild it would be yellow so I would actually have a yellow copy of both which spoils my set.

I could purchase them both again so I would have different colours but if possible I'd like to get my hands on the green cover of Nightchild.

Sounds anal I know but i'm a fantasy book collector (I try to get 1st edition hardbacks of all my favourite authors - Eddings, Salvatore, George RR Martin, Brooks, Hobb etc.).

I think I need to get out more Smile

Ilkarelenmage - Rescue dog is a border colle/Jack Russell cross, we've had him since he was 9 months old (4 now) and he'd had 4 homes in his short life before he came to me so if we hadn't taken him he would have gone to dog heaven as he had all sorts of behavioural problems. It's not the first thing he's managed to swipe Smile

Thanks again for the replies, and looking forward to receiving my recently ordered copy of Rise of the Taigethen
Ilkarelvenmage

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: wow! Reply with quote

They're so cute. I like salvatore too. Especially Drizzt do'urden and the whole justice thing! I just found one of his old books the Spearwielder's trilogy. Anything with elves.
Yea look forward to seeing Taigethen.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    James Barclay Forum Index -> The Books All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: