James Barclay Forum Index James Barclay
Welcome to the forum for the author James Barclay.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My wife hates you now James....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wigwam

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:35 pm    Post subject: My wife hates you now James.... Reply with quote

The last book I read was ElfSorrow.
For some reason I thought that was that and didn't try to see if there were any others. That was a while ago.
With that over, Gemmel dead, GRRM doing a Robert Jordan I had to contend with discovering Brett Weeks (which filled a void for a while)

I August Was over the pond on holiday and saw Ravensoul so bought it.
Of course I couldn't read it until I also bought ShadowHeart and Demonstorm (can you imagine how much discipline it took coming back on a flight and not reading a novel you are itchy to do so ?!?!).
Well that put paid to the rest of August.

Then I found these forums and learned about OWWG - and that put paid to the rest of September. Very Happy

She now has a husband again for a while - just for how long depends of whether you can get the next Elves book out before George RR Martin FINALLY finishes his next installment of A Dance with Dragons! Laughing
Max Power

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi wigwam, welcome to the forum. No doubt that the next Elves book will be out before Martin's next offering - the man writes great fantasy, but clearly has timekeeping issues!
James
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi wigwam. Welcome indeed. Sorry to hear your wife hates me. I think the best way to ease the hate away is to make her read them too Smile. Or really grind her hate to a powder of spitting revulsion for me by buying the Ascendants books too...

The next Elves book is due out summer 2011 - who knows when the great GRRM will get his next epic out. I don't know if it's a pressure thing but people with massively popular series on their hands do take a long time over each book as if they daren't deliver anything less than perfect. The same thing happened to JK Rowlng and has afflicted Scott Lynch to a certain extent. And Pat Rothfuss, I suppose. Interesting.. anyone fancy launching a thread on it?

Keep coming back, wigwam. Good to have you here.

Cheers
James
wigwam

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol thanks for the welcome guys.
As I am between books again I may well head over to the Ascendants books and seeing what they are about.
Ironically since I last posted she (who was never a "reader" in all our years of marriage before) has suddenly discovered Ebooks on her shiny new phone and so I suspect will not notice - as much.
I am sure it has nothing to do with a certain non-blood-sucking-vampire in the popular cinemas recently....

I think you are right Max Power about Book 2 being out before GRRM; I also think you are right James about the problems with huge epics. It is ironic GRRM went out of his way earlier on to say he would NOT be doing a Robert Jordan and not to worry!

Anyway back to James Barclay books and time to head over to the Elves Forum....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    James Barclay Forum Index -> The Books All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: